Contribute
Register

Static screen after Apple logo screen

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're welcome. As WonkeyDonkey mentioned it is good practice to have a bootable back up drive if that is an option for you giving the ability to test updates. Personally for me I get a solid stable system and then back it up/duplicate it. This can be done with OS X's installer's restore feature in a few minutes. The best thing to do is not trying to fix which isn't broken. I seen it a few times where a user continues to tinker to the point of no return.

As for the update to 10.9.4, as long as you haven't had to manipulate /System/Library/Extensions to get a stable system then it should be a matter of updating using the Combo Update OS X 10.9.4 other than the Software update feature, then just reapplying audio only from MultiBeast. Its good to repair permissions before and after an update. Other than that I think you are set. Enjoy.

Yeah, I am at the point where I want to be...I think. I think that I have a problem always wanting the latest and the "greatest", though :D.

In case I do decide to update, what did you mean my repairing permissions before and after updates? I know that I have seen that somewhere, I just can't remember where exactly.

Thanks!

Yeah, I am at the point where I want to be...I think. I think that I have a problem always wanting the latest and the "greatest", though :D.

In case I do decide to update, what did you mean my repairing permissions before and after updates? I know that I have seen that somewhere, I just can't remember where exactly.

Thanks!

If you enter Applications/Utilities/Disk Utility and select your installation drive then you will see the tab to repair permissions. Thats the simplest way to do it. Or if you are familiar with Terminal located in Utilities. Type

Code:
Sudo diskutil repairpermissions /

If you enter Applications/Utilities/Disk Utility and select your installation drive and then you will see the tab to repair permissions. Thats the simplest way to do it. Or if you are familiar with Terminal located in Utilities. Type

Code:
Sudo diskutil repairpermissions /

So, just run that before, re-install Multibeast for audio, repair permissions again. Does that sound about right?

Ok. So, I got home and everything seemed to be working just fine. I noticed a few things, though. First, when the rig woke up, I noticed a green tint to my screen. I booted and it went away, but I am going to wait and see if it comes back tomorrow morning.

Second, I noticed that the Mac information says that I am running 10.9.4. I thought I had the 10.9.2 version of Mavericks. I did not do an update, so I don't know how that happened. The good news is that my audio and network drivers from my original Multibeast set up are still working. Is it possible that the App Store Mavericks download is automatically updated to 10.9.4?

I know I should add a "Three", but that is about it. Other then that, I seem to up and running.

Edit: Well, here is the "Three" after installing Garageband and all of the Jam Packs, I plug in my USB dongle for my wireless headphones. As soon as I do, the mouse freezes. I reboot and I change the System Preferences setting for Wireless Headphones and everything seems to be running fine. I open up my external HDD to pull old Garageband projects off and I choose a file and play it with QuickTime. Everything was rolling for about 5 minutes and everything locks up. I waited a while, but it did not un-freeze. I have to reboot every time this happens.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance for your response!

I took sleep and screensaver off completely, but it seems that every time I let it go for a while or turn off my TV (monitor), I get a weird green tint. I tried calibrating it and everything, but the only thing that works is rebooting.

It also seems that I cannot plug anything into the rig, either. Audio jacks and USB ports seem to freeze up the system. I am pulling my hair out at this point.

Let me ask a question: How beneficial would it be just to re-install and just keep the USB with Unibeast on it plugged in all of the time? I am not using the rig for anything other than Garageband and Creative Suite. I have noticed that the audio and networks works just fine with the USB plugged in. Is it because Unibeast just has the necessary kexts/drivers to get it up and running or something to that effect?

Thank you in advance for your help!

Johnny

I took sleep and screensaver off completely, but it seems that every time I let it go for a while or turn off my TV (monitor), I get a weird green tint. I tried calibrating it and everything, but the only thing that works is rebooting.

It also seems that I cannot plug anything into the rig, either. Audio jacks and USB ports seem to freeze up the system. I am pulling my hair out at this point.

Let me ask a question: How beneficial would it be just to re-install and just keep the USB with Unibeast on it plugged in all of the time? I am not using the rig for anything other than Garageband and Creative Suite. I have noticed that the audio and networks works just fine with the USB plugged in. Is it because Unibeast just has the necessary kexts/drivers to get it up and running or something to that effect?

Thank you in advance for your help!

Johnny

Booting from the hard drive rather than the USB gives you full kext/driver support. Some suggestions to try and stabilise your system.

At this point depending on your ability, as you have a bootable system is would be good idea to make a bootable back up.

In the BIOS set XMP Memory to default if you have it set to profile 1.
Use a system definition that is closest to your system configuration.
For the graphics issue especially when using Intel HD4600 Intel Graphics see HD4600+/HD4000/HD3000 Framebuffer Edits. Read the thread carefully a few times to understand it. Work out using the information displayed the port layout on your motherboard and patch the AppleIntelFrameBufferAzul.kext.
Once you have completed the above test your system, boot/shutdown/wake from sleep and add peripherals/USB etc.

If you are happy with the above take a look at Native Power Management hereMavericks: Native CPU/IGPU Power Management

The above edits are not for the beginner but are well documented with all the information including troubleshooting to ensure the results can be achieved and are entirely up to you.

Booting from the hard drive rather than the USB gives you full kext/driver support. Some suggestions to try and stabilise your system.

At this point depending on your ability, as you have a bootable system is would be good idea to make a bootable back up.

In the BIOS set XMP Memory to default if you have it set to profile 1.
Use a system definition that is closest to your system configuration.
For the graphics issue especially when using Intel HD4600 Intel Graphics see HD4600+/HD4000/HD3000 Framebuffer Edits. Read the thread carefully a few times to understand it. Work out using the information displayed the port layout on your motherboard and patch the AppleIntelFrameBufferAzul.kext.
Once you have completed the above test your system, boot/shutdown/wake from sleep and add peripherals/USB etc.

If you are happy with the above take a look at Native Power Management hereMavericks: Native CPU/IGPU Power Management

The above edits are not for the beginner but are well documented with all the information including troubleshooting to ensure the results can be achieved and are entirely up to you.

Thank you! I will definitely read through it and give it a try. However, let me ask you this: What do you think about just installing Mountain Lion? Do you think I would run into the same problems? I really do not need any features on Mavericks. I strictly use the rig for web development and music creation/editing. In fact, I still use the older version of Garageband because I do not really like the new one. No podcast support :p.

Anyhow, just a thought.

Thanks!

Thank you! I will definitely read through it and give it a try. However, let me ask you this: What do you think about just installing Mountain Lion? Do you think I would run into the same problems? I really do not need any features on Mavericks. I strictly use the rig for web development and music creation/editing. In fact, I still use the older version of Garageband because I do not really like the new one. No podcast support :p.

Anyhow, just a thought.

Thanks!

Mountain Lion 10.8.5 is the only version that supports your hardware natively and of course so does Mavericks. Yes I think you will see similar problems with ML as you have with Mavericks. You will be using the same hardware as you are with Mavericks. The only difference may only be the little graphics glitch, but as I wrote in my previous post the patches are automatically created to achieve full functionality of the HD4600. toleda has done an amazing job creating the patches for the Azul.kext and also made it simple for the users. I run both HD4600 and discrete graphics on my Z87x-OC with no problems at all. Once you have read the guide and determined what applies to your system it is straight forward. There is also no harm in trying out Mountain Lion to see if it benefits your needs. If you decide to do this just remember that MultiBeast is configured differently than it is for Mavericks. It would really be worth reading the MultiBeast for Mountain Lion PDF to see what the defaults are before you run it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back