Contribute
Register

Starting my Build - Do I have the Right Steps...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello

I will start my first build tomorrow, I wanted to make sure I have the steps correct. I will be using the following:
Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3
i7 2600k
H60 Cooler
Corsair 16GB 1600MHz RAM
2 x 1 TB Hitachi
EVGA 560 Ti (most likely) GPU
Sony DVD
T.I. chipset Firewire 800 Card

I would like to overclock this to at least 4.2Ghz. Can anyone please provide me with the BIOS settings to do that? I haven't done OC before but from what I read, you only need to change the CPU Multiplier somewhere and VCore? What about RAM OC settings?
Do you install and setup with default settings and OC after or setup OC before installing Lion?

Install only 4GB of RAM and Follow http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2011/10/ ... using.html to install Lion

Does the Multibeast DSDT install configures the bootloader + all required drivers i.e. does the DSDT file install everything I need for this board including audio, ethernet, graphics etc. or after the base install, I still need to install other components?

For EVGA 560Ti, I assume that it will load in 1024x768 resolution and then go on with 560Ti tweaks? Any quicklink to setup this one fully?

When should I install the rest of the RAM? For my T.I. compatible firewire card, do I just pop in and OSX should natively install and make it work?

Thanks for the help
P.G.

for overclocking, i would look at a general overclocking guide on the web for you board/cpu.

for the 560ti, have a look at viewtopic.php?f=15&t=27459

when using the userdsdt option in multibeast, you still have to install kexts for audio and network separately.

your firewire card should be automatically recognised.

thanks samisnake..
do you know what settings i should check after loading my dsdt file in multibeast? for my board, what audio, ethernet etc. i should be checking

thanks

for a common board like that (not an insult i promise!) theres bound to be a guide on here somewhere.
have a search of the userbuilds section, im sure a mod has used that board.

if you want a quick lowdown on which options to select,
userdsdt
system utilities
alc8xxhda
applehda rollback
lnx2mac's ethernet driver

thatll get you booting off the hard drive, audio and ethernet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back