Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I am starting a Hackintosh build from zero and do not have a Mac system to get the download of Mojave. Are there alternative ways to get Mojove and create the bootable drive?

Thanks

P.S. I have an old Macbook but I don't think that will work will it?

Last edited:
Unless you've got Haswell or older hardware the only way to get Mojave is to use a 2012 or newer Mac that is running at least Mt. Lion. (MacBooks need to be 2015 or newer models) Any hackintosh using at least iMac 13,2 Mac Pro 5,1 etc. or newer system def. running Mt. Lion or newer will work as well. Find one of these two options to get Mac App Store Access to download the installer.

If you have a Haswell or older build, then use the iBoot and SL DVD method. That is documented in the forums, use search.

Unibeast doesn't work in a Virtual environment, and this site doesn't allow software piracy. The only place to legally get macOS Mojave is via the MAS. Anyone else selling it on media or providing downloads from 3rd party sites are not viable options here. If you want to go that direction then find a different Hackintosh community.

Last edited:
I have an old Macbook but I don't think that will work will it?
What model year is it ? What version of macOS is installed ?

Here's the list of Macs that are compatible with macOS 10.14 Mojave:
  • Late 2012 iMac or newer.
  • Early 2015 MacBook or newer.
  • Mid-2012 MacBook Pro or newer.
  • Mid-2012 MacBook Air or newer.

The Macbook has 10.6 but there is a software update but I can't seem to log into my network to get it. It keeps saying
the password is invalid and I KNOW IT IS NOT. Any clue on that? It says I need a WPA password, how is that different from the password that works with everything else connected to the network?

The Macbook has 10.6 but there is a software update
If your Macbook has Snow Leopard 10.6 on it, it's too old to download Mojave anyway. Has to be at least a 2015 model. You may be able to download El Capitan. The WPA password is for security for your router, not your Macbook. You can also reset your router if you don't know the password.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back