Contribute
Register

starting from scratch, need help please.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
hi,
i just built my computer but have not yet turned it on. my hard drive has also been wiped. like my topic says, i would like to know what to do, i purchased os x lion on my other laptop through a virtual machine, since apple does not sell snow leopard unless you order it online i would like to do a clean install of lion without going through the installation of leopard. is that possible?
what i was thinking of doing is this...
1) use unibeast and install lion onto a usb through my virtual machine
3) set bios to boot from usb
2) plug in usb and start installation (is it as easy as i seem to think it is? or do i have to use iboot? and what is chimera? because i have read alot of stuff about needing chimera, but how do i install it without having lion/ leopard already installed, or do i install it onto a cd like i would for iboot?
please help,and be as detailed as possible, thanks in advance

I'm not sure about your first question. I do know you can clone your HD onto an external USB HD after you have installed OS X (Carbon Copy is the software I use for this)

Chimera is the OS loader. If you clone your instaleed system onto the external HD, you can also install Chimera onto it and boot from the external to the system. This is pretty handy when you're updatind and messed with the system. Try reading the tutorials again and ask about specific parts you're stuck, or it's impossible to be as specific as possible. Good Luck

sorry for the confusion. i want to know how to install os x lion onto my computer. can i just use unibeast or do i need to use iboot as well?

iBoot you use only to install Snow Leopard from scratch. You'll have to use unibeast for Lion. Also, in your description you said you have an embeded GPU. Check the Graphics forum to see if there is any issue with your model and Lion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back