eVGA GTX970, HD4000
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I got rid of my 2009 iMac and decided it would be better for me to build one. Pretty much just want to use it for studio work (Maschine, Pro Tools, etc.). Gaming also, but I think that I'll do that in Windows. I just got ahold of a 2700K processor for about $190 and I can get the 3770K for about $40 more. I just wanted to know if it would be worth it to just take the 2700K back and get the 3770K? I've seen some comparisons and how they're similar, but I'm not sure of anything in the future that will make the 3770K a better buy as far as compatibility features/issues. I don't think I'll do any overclocking since I don't really know much of the process at the moment.

I plan on getting the Gigabyte Z77-UD5H board and a 6870 graphic card. I've got my eye on everything else that will be compatible to put in a Phantom 410.

I would personally stay with the older tech (sandy bridge). But it's all a personal preference and if you'll be overclocking. If you won't be than go with the 3770k. It is the new smaller die that intel uses and it tends to run hotter when overclocking. The sandy bridge won't be as powerful but just marginally but will be able to overclock better and at better temps. Just get a good cooler either way if you do decide to overclock and look into some performance reviews. That will let you know how much you'll need to oc to match performance of the 2700k vs the 3770k.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back