Contribute
Register

Started Installation but the progress bar has been stuck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks a million. That worked. It's all installed. Excepting WiFi and Sound, it works. The sound I don't really care that much, as my external DAC is recognized. However, WiFi is really important. Just about the only Card, i could get over here, that I read was supported, is the TP-LINK TL-WN781ND. Any hints there?
Also, I have to add those conditions every single time in clover when I boot. How do I get around that?
To add those boot args every boot, you'll have to use a real mac (maybe PC, but it might not recognize the drive) to download clover configurator (https://www.tonymacx86.com/resources/clover-configurator.328/) and EFI Mounter v3 (https://www.tonymacx86.com/resources/efi-mounter-v3.280/) on to the UniBeast USB. Then insert it into your Hackintosh (AFTER boot) then run EFI Mounter v3. You can see which disk to use by selecting your hackintosh disk, and looking here (may look different for you, so always check):
Screen Shot 2017-01-25 at 2.23.04 PM.png

Then type the admin pass and press enter.

Press mount

Now, go to the new EFI partition. Go to EFI > Clover

Drag config.plist to the desktop

Right click on the config.plist in your desktop

Press open with > clover configurator

Now press ACPI
Screen Shot 2017-01-25 at 2.28.42 PM.png

Select FixUSB
Screen Shot 2017-01-25 at 2.29.11 PM.png

Now go and press boot
Screen Shot 2017-01-25 at 2.30.44 PM.png

Then do this
Screen Shot 2017-01-25 at 2.30.58 PM.png

Now go to devices
Screen Shot 2017-01-25 at 2.31.17 PM.png

Then select this
Screen Shot 2017-01-25 at 2.31.23 PM.png
Then finally we save
Screen Shot 2017-01-25 at 2.32.02 PM.png

Now, press SAVE not save as

Now, go to the EFI > clover folder once more and change the name of config.plist to config-backup.plist

Then drag the config.plist from the desktop to efi > clover.

Give it 30 secs and go to EFI mounter v3

Unmount the efi drive you were just using

Reboot

Let me know how it goes! :)

Thanks a million. That worked. It's all installed. Excepting WiFi and Sound it works. Sound I don't really care that much, as my external DAC is recognized. However WiFi is really important. Just about the only Card i could get over here, that I read was supported, is the TP LINK TL-WN781ND. Any hints there?
Also I have to add those conditions every single time in clover when I boot. How do I get around that?
And, for wifi, go to system information (by clicking on apple menu > about this mac then click system report)
Go to wifi

Screenshot it (but cover up the wifi networks with another window, thats pretty private info :thumbdown)

Here's what I see under WiFi in System Report.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-01-25 at 23.13.48.png
    Screen Shot 2017-01-25 at 23.13.48.png
    74 KB · Views: 98
Not sure :(
That one is unfortunately the only one they had at that store. They put the computer together for me. Not like I couldn't have built it myself but it's the same price, so why bother.
The only other store carries these:
TP-Link TL-WN881ND
D-Link AC1200 Dual Band PCIe Desktop Adapter DWA-582.

@eliapplethetech
In the end I did manage to get my hands on a wdn4800 rev 1.3. It's in the buyer's guide and ought to be supported out of the box. But the result is identical to the previous one. Any ideas? Do I have to reinstall the system or something for it to recognise the upgrade?

@eliapplethetech
In the end I did manage to get my hands on a wdn4800 rev 1.3. It's in the buyer's guide and ought to be supported out of the box. But the result is identical to the previous one. Any ideas? Do I have to reinstall the system or something for it to recognize the upgrade?
Try looking up drivers for it. See if it's put in correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back