Contribute
Register

Stable high end Snow Leopard system somebody?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z590 Vision D
CPU
i9-10850K
Graphics
RX Vega 56
Hi Forum,

is there somebody who runs a really stable high end hackintosh with Snow Leopard?
This means, minimum i7 3930K prozessor with all 6 cores working and minimum 16 GB or better 32 GB ram
and capable to run two monitors at at least 1920x1200 pixel.
Just to be shure that it is possible.

I need Snow Leopard on a fast computer, not (!) Lion or Mountain Lion.
And yes, I already did searches and read a lot of posts and information concerning this.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Hi Forum,

is there somebody who runs a really stable high end hackintosh with Snow Leopard?
This means, minimum i7 3930K prozessor with all 6 cores working and minimum 16 GB or better 32 GB ram.
Just to be shure that it is possible.

I need Snow Leopard on a fast computer, not (!) Lion or Mountain Lion.
And yes, I already did searches and read a lot of posts and information concerning this.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Snow Leopard doesn't support Ivy Bridge, so the i7-3930K is out. The best CPU you'd be able to probably do I guess would be the Intel Core i7-3950X Extreme 6-core, which is an LGA2011 CPU.

Hi nobodynose,

thanks for the answer.

I learned Intel Core i7-3930K is a sandy bridge prozessor, which is recommended
by tonymac for a socket 2011 system in the buyers guide 2013.

But anyway, mainly I´m interested in real life experiences. Does anybody have a fast SL system running?

The 3930K is of the Sandy Bridge-EP line. No internal graphics, and 6 physical cores. 10.6.8 supports Sandy Bridge, but no version lower. If you can find a 10.6.8 disc, you probably will be ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back