Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS SABERTOOTH P67 - Clover Legacy
CPU
i7-2600K
Graphics
HD 6870
I've been running a successful 10.8.5 build for awhile. Recently, I upgraded my memory to 32 GB, added another SSD drive and tweaked my BIOS to overclock which I'm successfully running my 2600K at 4.3 Ghz. with a water cooler.

I get a few freezes, most of the time just a second or two but a few restarts needed.

My main issue is my USB devices keep dropping out. My first instinct was to upgrade my power supply since the one I have is only 420W. I bought a Corsair 750W which I haven't installed yet. Do you think that will fix it or could be an issue with memory or the over clocking?

Wish I could get temp sensors to register with iStat but I don't feel any weird heat and when I check temps in the BIOS, even after running for days (I never reboot), they are in the 72C range after a stress test so I think I'm good there.

Ideas? Here's basic specs:

ASUS Sabertooth P67
Intel i7 3.8 2600K
G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800)
Previously: Kingston HYPER-X 16GB (4 x 4GB)

Anything else relevant, just ask. It's Geekbenching in the 16000 range.

Thanks,
Eric

First thing I would do is remove the OC and see if that stops the problem. Did you run memtest on the RAM?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back