Contribute
Register

Stable, 64 Bit, Sleep ok, Audio using external Box, Vanilla

Status
Not open for further replies.
jimx86 said:
n00b32 said:

Not quite, what they don't tell you (and what I really dislike about from any retailer) is the motherboard - which 100% of the time means they're using a cheapo brand.

Hi,

click on "Datenblatt" and you'll get the info ;-)

Gigabit GA- EX58-UD3R

I think Dell isn't this nice ;-)

Is there any advantage besides RAM amount for the Intel Socket 1366 platform?
Power consumption and prices for MoBos are higher, I don't see any real improvement in CPU power...

Bye

n00b

Wow.. they didn't cheap out on the motherboard.. Kudos to them! :clap:

Um, I'll try to list as many differences as I remember:
1) LGA 1366 vs LGA 1156: 1366 pins connecting the motherboard to the CPU instead of 1156, so that makes for faster communication between the two.
2) i7-9XX series: Although both are i7's, the 8XX series lacks a L2 cache, which allows it to store more information for faster accessibility, which really boosts CPU speed when performing repetitive tasks.
3) Triple channel RAM: You already said this, so I won't say much, but more RAM sticks to store information on and more parallel access.
4) Multi-GPU support: The 1156 on P55 boards also support this, but the difference is that there's no bottleneck in the X58 1366 boards (example: if you do SLI on a P55, the two x16 PCIe slots become x8's respectively).

I'll add more as I think of them! ;)

jimx86 said:
cakemonster said:
I like my system...except I would go with the eco ram...

I don't think you'll feel any difference with the ecos. I just uses less voltage, creating less heat in the system. As long as you have good enough case fans you're fine.
Not quite...
For overclockers, the Ecos are amazing...

As the Ecos get to 1600 on just 1.35V (unlike other vendors, which just spec their "fast" RAM for 1.65V), you have a lot of voltage headroom for RAM overclocking...

Lnx2Mac said:
Not quite...
For overclockers, the Ecos are amazing...

As the Ecos get to 1600 on just 1.35V (unlike other vendors, which just spec their "fast" RAM for 1.65V), you have a lot of voltage headroom for RAM overclocking...

Oh right, I forgot that you could overclock RAM :)
Also I think I also forgot to mention the cas latency of 7, which is less than the average CL of 9 for 1600 MHz DDR3 RAM.
But it shouldn't be a difference the every-day user would feel, right (like - not overclocking and just using everyday software).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back