Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Air
  3. MacBook Pro
  4. Mac mini
  5. Mac Pro
Hello everybody,

First time building a Hackintosh here.

Everything installed quite smoothly following the vanilla installation instructions.

Current Hardware:
ASUS Maximus Rog X Code
Intel i7 8700k
Sapphire RX580 Nitro+ 8gb Limited Edition
32gb Corsair Vengeance LPX 2 x 16gb 2400hz
BCM94352Z Dell DW1560
NVMe M.2 970 Pro 512gb
NVMe M.2 970 Evo 2tb
6TB WD RED RAID 10 (4 x 3tb NAS WD RED 5400 RPM Drives)

Wifi and Bluetooth are working.
I haven't tackled fixing HDMI Audi out, but line out, headphone ports, and optical out all work fine.

However, I'm stuck with 3 USB 3 ports not working.

I have a few good read of the RehabMan tutorials on use the USBInjectAll.kext and creating a custom SSDT

I successfully located the ports in use and modified the .aml file:
Used 8086:a2af configuration
HS01-HS06 added note with 3.0 port name
HS07-HS10 changed connector to “0”, added 2.0 note with port name
HS11 changed to 255 - bluetooth
HS12 changed to 255 - aura led controller

REMOVED:
HS13-HS14
SS07-SS10
USR1-USR2

Currently I'm using the port limit kext to patch, however whenever I plug a USB 3.0 device in SS04 SS05 or SS06 it does not register in IoRegistry.

Is this simply because it is impossible with this motherboard having 4 usb 2.0 and 6 usb 3.0 ports, and as well as it not utilising and EHCI, therefore not allowing the kext to patch the 2.0 over to EHCI?

At this point do I need to disable 3 USB 2.0 ports to enable the 3 usb 3.0 SS ports not currently working (they work with 2.0 devices, just not 3.0 at the moment)

attached are my aml file and config.plist

Thanks for any help

Attachments

• config.plist
    24.4 KB · Views: 151
  • SSDT-UIAC.aml
    812 bytes · Views: 118
HS01-HS06 = 6
SS01-SS06 = 6
HS07-HS10 = 4
HS11
HS12

So that's total of 18 ports. I believe the port limit is 15, and you're 3 over.

Thanks, but I've tried it with both the patch on and patch off, but still cannot access the uxb 3.0 speeds on the last 3 SS ports.

Is this due to the fact that my actual port count as @Amylowellow describes is 18, 3 over 15 and impossible to achieve with this mother board?

So is my only solution to disable 3 usb ports using a boot kernel flag such as "-uia_exclude=HS07,HS08,HS12" to achieve the 3.0 speeds from the remaingin 3 SS ports?

HS01-HS06 = 6
SS01-SS06 = 6
HS07-HS10 = 4
HS11
HS12

So that's total of 18 ports. I believe the port limit is 15, and you're 3 over.

Thanks for pointing this out.

So I disabled 3 USB 2.0 ports by creating an updated SSDT-UIAC.aml disable HS07,HS08,HS12. I now have SS04-06 working fine as USB 3.0 ports.

I guess i am curious if there is any possible work around via kext or patch to re-enable those extra usb 2.0 ports without breaking the OSX.

Can live without the extra 2.0 ports but just curious if I've done everything correctly as to RehabMan's instructions.

Attachments

• config.plist
    24.4 KB · Views: 129
  • SSDT-UIAC.aml
    697 bytes · Views: 96
Thanks for pointing this out.

So I disabled 3 USB 2.0 ports by creating an updated SSDT-UIAC.aml disable HS07,HS08,HS12. I now have SS04-06 working fine as USB 3.0 ports.

I guess i am curious if there is any possible work around via kext or patch to re-enable those extra usb 2.0 ports without breaking the OSX.

Can live without the extra 2.0 ports but just curious if I've done everything correctly as to RehabMan's instructions.

The 15 limit is imposed upon by the Apple God, so you probably want to play by their rules and don't fight it.

I'm considering getting the Maximus X Code for a High Sierra build, and just wondered your thoughts on the general compatibility and if you have a possible build guide you could share? Thank you!

I'm considering getting the Maximus X Code for a High Sierra build, and just wondered your thoughts on the general compatibility and if you have a possible build guide you could share? Thank you!

I would definitely recommend the Maximus X Code. After creating a USB SSDT with Rehabman's method, and disabling 2 of the USB 2.0 ports and an internal USB LED header, I have all my intel USB SS ports working as well as the ASMEDIA Gen 2 ports. The only issue is that unless you use Jettison, anything plugged into the USB Gen 2 Ports on the ASMEDIA controller, will eject improperly during sleep. This hasn't been fixed with the latest Maximus Code Bios Update either...

The only thing I'd like to still figure out is creating a DSDT patch for the RX580. It Works OOB with the latest Whatevergreen and Mojave alongside the UHD 630 as a headless GPU, with pretty fasty FCPX speeds. However I don't think graphic acceleration is at its optimal, and I've been reading it's possible to get better performance by patching a custom DSDT.

As far as a complete build setup, I can't post a build thread in this forum as I did not use multibeast to create the hack. Just a coffee lake vanilla install, which worked very well. However I'm sure a multibeast install will work just as good.

But below is my setup, and I've attached my USB SSDT for anyone interested in using it.

BUILD:
ASUS ROG Maximus X CODE
i7 8700k OC’d to 4800
2 x 16gb Corsair Vegeance LPX DDR4 2400mhz C16 OC’d to 2666mhz
Sapphire RX 580 NITRO+ 8Gb Graphics Card
BCM94352Z Dell DW1560 (Wifi and Bluetooth Both Natively Working with Rehabman Kexts)
BeQuiet! Darkrock Pro 4
EVGA 650w g1+
Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X
Samsung 28” E590DS (DP), Samsung 24” D300 (HDMI), Samsung 22” Syncmaster (DVI), Sony Bravia 48” (HDMI)
512GB Samsung 970 Pro (System disk)
2TB 970 Samsung 970 Evo (scratch/cahce disk)
6TB Raid 10 (4 x 3TB WD Red NAS 64mb Cache) Project Drive
4TB External Raid USB 3.1

Pre Install BIOS Settings:
Updated Bios to Version 1801
Loaded Optimized Defaults
AI Overclocker Tuner > Manual
Extreme Tweeking > Enable
Advanced \ System Agent(SA) Configuration →IGPU Multi-Monitor : Enabled
Advanced \ System Agent (SA) Configuration →Vt-d: Disabled
System Agent (SA) Configuration > Graphics Configuration > Primary Display > PEG
USB Configuration > Legacy USB Support > AUTO
USB Configuration > Keyboard and Mouse Simulation > Disabled
APM Configuration > Power on by PCI - E/PCI > Disabled
CSM: Disabled
Fast Boot > Disabled
Boot Logo Display > Disabled
Secure Boot > OS Type > Other OS
DVMT Pre-Allocated > 128M

Kexts Used:
AirportBrcmFixup.kext
AppleALC.kext
BRCMFirmwareData.kext
BrcmPatchRAM2.kext
FakeSMC_ACPISensors.kext
FakeSMC_CPUSensors.kext
FakeSMC_GPUSensors.kext
FakeSMC_LPCSensors.kext
FakeSMC_SMMSensors.kext
FakeSMC.kext
IntelMausiEthernet.kext
Lilu.kext
USBInjectAll.kext
WhateverGreen.kext
XHCI-unsupported.kext

Attachments

• SSDT-UIAC-v3-HS07-08-12-disabled.aml
    697 bytes · Views: 129
According to the vendor's site, the mobo has two different usb controllers, One is intel (which osx has 15 port limit) and the other is ASmedia.

You should be able to use all of the usb ports in the back offer by intel.

ASMedia® USB 3.1 Gen 2 controller :
1 x USB 3.1 Gen 2 front panel connector port(s)
ASMedia® USB 3.1 Gen 2 controller :
2 x USB 3.1 Gen 2 port(s) (2 at back panel, , Type-A + USB Type-CTM)
Intel® Z370 Chipset :
6 x USB 3.1 Gen 1 port(s) (4 at back panel, +blue, 2 at mid-board)
Intel® Z370 Chipset :
6 x USB 2.0 port(s) (2 at back panel, +black, 4 at mid-board)[/QUOTE]

The back ports, yes, but not all chipset ports, including ones connected to the headers, because each USB3 port will include a USB2 port as well. So (6+6)+(2+2)+6=18 ports.

The back ports, yes, but not all chipset ports, including ones connected to the headers, because each USB3 port will include a USB2 port as well. So (6+6)+(2+2)+6=18 ports.

Last time I checked, 6+6+2+2+6=22, not 18. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back