Contribute
Register

SSDT GPU (Graphics Card) Injection

Status
Not open for further replies.
AFAIK, and as mentioned above, that clover function injects aapl,boot-display values into ioreg/acpi. As far as I can remember, aapl,boot-display is used by Apple in iMac and MacBook, as they have a built in display and ability for using an external as the main display, to control which display shows the progress bar (only 1). I may be wrong as I'm going off of memory (no internet at my house yet except for my iPhone).

@telepati,
Try looking in ioreg and see which port your monitor is loaded on. Then try that value if it's loaded on. If it's loaded at C@4, then try 4 as the value in clover. When I have Internet, I can look at your files and help you do it in the ssdt.

Ok man I will wait you cause in ioreg I don't see any AAPL,boot-display. When you are ready just let me know. Thank you for consider.

Ok man I will wait you cause in ioreg I don't see any AAPL,boot-display. When you are ready just let me know. Thank you for consider.
You should not look for AAPL,boot-display. What you do want to look for is which port the monitor is on. If you don't know how to do this and want to wait that's fine too.

I have tried creating an SSDT for my EVGA GTX 980 TI and iMac17,1, and IOJones report the device as GFX1.

But I still get a black screen if I don't add the Config2 -> none patch.

I have attached an IOJones dump from the black screen (without the Config2 -> none patch) where you can see that the device is named GFX1 but also have AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy attached. (Named: Colossus-black-screen.iojones)

I have also attached an IOJones dump where the screen is working (with the Config2 -> none patch), the device is still named GFX1 but no AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy is attached. (Named: Colossus-working-screen.iojones)

I have also attached:
The SSDT i created. (Named: SSDT-NVIDIA.aml)
A DSDT.aml dumped in Clover F4
My Clover config.plist

I don't really know what is wrong with this as it seems to me like everything is configured correctly, but it still does not work.
Do you still get black screen if you switch to MacPro6,1? When you try this, You should back up your current config and disconnect from the Internet completely if you have iMesage working.

You should not look for AAPL,boot-display. What you do want to look for is which port the monitor is on. If you don't know how to do this and want to wait that's fine too.

I tried it but I cant make it and find it.

Do you still get black screen if you switch to MacPro6,1? When you try this, You should back up your current config and disconnect from the Internet completely if you have iMesage working.
I tried that. After clover boot screen I am getting still black screen but desktop coming without problem. I just dont see apple logo and loading bar after clover boot screen.

That 2nd part you quoted was meant for a different user with a different problem.
I fixed my blackscreen issue with your AGDPfix.app before. No problem with that. But I cant still see apple logo on the 2nd stage. Your guide part 7 is probably fix that problem.

By the way finally I found my display where standing and no AAPL,boot-display in it? Probably because of this I still injected yet and I dont know how to inject it.

Screen Shot 2016-06-03 at 06.39.03.png

Another weird thing just like you said when clover boot screen come I click F4 and this command create all available ACPI table dumped into /EFI/Clover/ACPI/origin/ .

I opened every ssdt with MaciASL.app but none of them GPU ssdt? or I cant see it. But I will delete all files inside /EFI/Clover/ACPI/origin/ and try one more time. Maybe this time I can create it.

Buy the way you can help me after completing your move and removing your computer. 'cause its look like I'm forcing you and I am not feel ok with this way.

I fixed my blackscreen issue with your AGDPfix.app before. No problem with that. But I cant still see apple logo on the 2nd stage. Your guide part 7 is probably fix that problem.

By the way finally I found my display where standing and no AAPL,boot-display in it? Probably because of this I still injected yet and I dont know how to inject it.

View attachment 197884

Another weird thing just like you said when clover boot screen come I click F4 and this command create all available ACPI table dumped into /EFI/Clover/ACPI/origin/ .

I opened every ssdt with MaciASL.app but none of them GPU ssdt? or I cant see it. But I will delete all files inside /EFI/Clover/ACPI/origin/ and try one more time. Maybe this time I can create it.

Buy the way you can help me after completing your move and removing your computer. 'cause its look like I'm forcing you and I am not feel ok with this way.
F4 extracts the unmodified oem acpi files from the motherboard's bios chip so origin won't contain any of the ssdts/dsdt that you created. You will find those in the patched folder.

Could you please update the picture on part 7?
The image is missing from my album all together. It will be a while before I can make and upload a new one.

Hi Shilohh, thanks so much for your work on this.

I got AGDPfix to work, but I've been pursuing your SSDT method as well, since it seemed more elegant.

However, I haven't been able to get it to work so far (going through the Step 3a method). So instead, I tried the replacement method (skipping to Step 3b). However, the files don't seem to match up with your instructions in Step 3b. In your SSDTfiles\SSDT-1.aml there is no External or Scope section, nor is there one added by the patches. This means I can't follow the Step 3b directions.

Also, the [color] codes you use in your code snippets don't work right. As a result, the code reads like this, at least on Safari:
"External ([COLOR=#ff0000\_SB_.PCI0.PEG0.PEGP[/color]" which I don't think was your intention.

I'd love to get this method working, if you have time to tell me what I'm doing wrong. Thanks again!
CPU: i7-6700k
MB: Ga-Z170x-Gaming 5
GPU: EVGA Geforce 960 ACX 2.0+
Thanks for the heads up. Colors in code windows are no longer supported after the last site update so I just removed the stray code.

I'd be happy to help but the only way I can get internet right now is on my iphone and my laptop at starbucks. please check in with me in about a week.

Last edited:
Hi Shilohh, thanks so much for your work on this.

However, I haven't been able to get it to work so far (going through the Step 3a method). So instead, I tried the replacement method (skipping to Step 3b). However, the files don't seem to match up with your instructions in Step 3b. In your SSDTfiles\SSDT-1.aml there is no External or Scope section, nor is there one added by the patches. This means I can't follow the Step 3b directions.
Hi!

I was stuck in the same step, but today after 1 million tries I discovered what was missing in the code.

Put the code below between DefinitionBlock and Device (
Code:
    External (\_SB_.PCI0.PEG0.PEGP, DeviceObj)
    Scope (\_SB.PCI0.PEG0.PEGP)
    {
        Name (_STA, Zero)
    }
PS.: this is my path from step 2 _SB_.PCI0.PEG0.PEGP change to yours in the code.

The code above remove the device from your main DSDT (I think).

My final code looks like this and worked (for me):
Code:
DefinitionBlock ("iASLMVdfkv.aml", "SSDT", 1, "shiloh", "GFX1", 0x00001000)
{
    External (\_SB_.PCI0.PEG0.PEGP, DeviceObj)
    Scope (\_SB.PCI0.PEG0.PEGP)
    {
        Name (_STA, Zero)
    }

Device (_SB.PCI0.PEG0.GFX1)
    {
        Name (_ADR, Zero)
        Name (_SUN, One)
        Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)
        {
            If (LEqual (Arg2, Zero))
            {
                Return (Buffer (One)
                {
                    0x03
                })
            }

Return (Package (0x0E)
            {
                "@0,connector-type",
                Buffer (0x04)
                {
                    0x00, 0x08, 0x00, 0x00
                },

"@1,connector-type",
                Buffer (0x04)
                {
                    0x00, 0x08, 0x00, 0x00
                },

"@2,connector-type",
                Buffer (0x04)
                {
                    0x00, 0x08, 0x00, 0x00
                },

"@3,connector-type",
                Buffer (0x04)
                {
                    0x00, 0x08, 0x00, 0x00
                },

"@4,connector-type",
                Buffer (0x04)
                {
                    0x00, 0x08, 0x00, 0x00
                },

"@5,connector-type",
                Buffer (0x04)
                {
                    0x00, 0x08, 0x00, 0x00
                },

"hda-gfx",
                Buffer (0x0A)
                {
                    "onboard-1"
                }
            })
        }
    }

Device (_SB.PCI0.PEG0.HDAU)
    {
        Name (_ADR, One)
        Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)
        {
            If (LEqual (Arg2, Zero))
            {
                Return (Buffer (One)
                {
                    0x03
                })
            }

Return (Package (0x02)
            {
                "hda-gfx",
                Buffer (0x0A)
                {
                    "onboard-1"
                }
            })
        }
    }
}
I really would like to thanks Shilohh for all this work!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back