Contribute
Register

SSDT for W3680?

Status
Not open for further replies.
@CurseTheGods: My system wouldn't POST with your settings, so I'm running at a stable 4.0Ghz and that's plenty for me. I wanted to post my final version of the W3680 SSDT. It is identical to the last one I posted, but it includes the Power Dissipation value for each of the P-States. This was created with the help of RevoGirl, and the script she wrote to auto generate an SSDT here: http://revogirl.wordpress.com/2012/06/1 ... dt-pr-dsl/
I just put in the TDP for this processor which is 130W, and the max frequency I wanted (4200Mhz), and then ran the script. It for the most part made a perfect SSDT, but I had to change the names of some of the processors to match the DSDT. Otherwise, it is identical to the last SSDT I made except for the power dissipation values. I noticed that this will give me 3 P-States running the processor from the stock 3.33Ghz all the way up to 4.0Ghz. I haven't got my system running at 4.2Ghz yet, but I'm sure there will be 3 P-States at that frequency also.

Big Thanks to RevoGirl, and Thanks for your help also CurseTheGods!!!

Dil83

Attachments

• Dil83 W3680 4.2Ghz Max SSDT.aml
    1.2 KB · Views: 233
Hi, was reading your posts....
sorry to ask a silly question..
but what do I do with the Dil83 W3680 4.2Ghz Max SSDT.aml
I have the Chameleon Wizard and can create/convert/extract to a .dsl... but how do I add it to my Extras folder? What do I need to change in the DSDT.aml?

And lastly, I added the SSDT fix/patch from Multibeast 5.2.1 for the overclocked I7.. but this has stopped the machine from booting...
any ideas as to how to get back in to remove this?
I tried -x but that failed...
am trying -x -v -f -F but this is taking A L O N G T I ME :)
Will try npci=0x3000 next.
Thanks and I hope you can help
Haydn

Thanks for the advice! I haven't read the guide you posted yet, but will take a look at it. I think I've created about 30 or 40 SSDT's in different combinations using values from my SSDT dumped in Windows, and combining those with a Mac Pro 5,1 SSDT that I extracted along with the original SSDT I created. None seem to work as well as the original I created, so I am now back to the original SSDT I created above. I have now added P-State values all the way up to 4.2Ghz, and I just have CPU1-CPUA returning the same values as CPU0 because in all of my testing I found no advantage in specifying the exact same P-States for each core individually....it was just a lot more work. In the SSDT guide posted above, it recommends not adding any P-States higher than 4.2Ghz because the maximum value that OS X can report is 4.2Ghz. I tested this new SSDT on my system at stock speeds, and it still gives me 3 P-States as it did before, so it can be used in place of the original I posted above. I haven't tested with an overclock yet, but the P-State values are existing in the SSDT to allow for overclocking up to 4.2Ghz. The new SSDT is attached.

Dil83

Hi there. Sorry to resurrect such an old post but I've found it so interesting. So can you tell me please if your attached SSDT will help to reach a 4,2Ghz max turbo boost on my machine too running Mavericks? When running Win7 I can set turbo boost multipliers as I wish (e.g. x30) and hit 4Ghz with no issues. I did it with Intel XTU utility. Thank you for reading this post.

Does anyone have any updated methods for this? I'm running an X5650 (similar to the 980x mentioned earlier, but runs cooler and at lower watts/volts).

This is the first I've seen where SSDT is mentioned for Nephelem/Westmere era chips.

For those of you who got this working, btw, do you also get the 1 or 2 core extra bin?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back