Contribute
Register

SSDT for my i7-4770S on a GA Z87X-D3H

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey RehabMan!

I've tried the iMac14,2 and most of the errors are gone. But sleep does not work: screen goes black but all fans are still running and the power consumption is the same.

Any ideas left?

Thanks!

View attachment 75792

Hey RehabMan!

I've tried the iMac14,2 and most of the errors are gone. But sleep does not work: screen goes black but all fans are still running and the power consumption is the same.

Any ideas left?

Thanks!

View attachment 75792

Did you give it enough time? Mavericks has a ~20 sec delay from sleep request to sleep initiation.

That looks normal/working. It would be nice to get more turbo states, but they don't always happen. You might try different smbios. For example, iMac14,2.
oh gosh! it works... as you said: wait a few seconds. Stupid me again.

Thank you RehabMan! :clap:

oh gosh! it works... as you said: wait a few seconds. Stupid me again.

Thank you RehabMan! :clap:

Eventually, someone will get annoyed enough about the delay to find out how to change it.

The delay is not as obvious on the new Apple laptops because the system fan is generally not running, they use silent SSDs, and there is no outward indication of sleep (no flashing LED), but the delay is present on the Apple product as well (as verified by system.log).

Eventually, someone will get annoyed enough about the delay to find out how to change it.

The delay is not as obvious on the new Apple laptops because the system fan is generally not running, they use silent SSDs, and there is no outward indication of sleep (no flashing LED), but the delay is present on the Apple product as well (as verified by system.log).

Hi RehabMan
Sorry to bother you
Is shutdown and restart also delayed? My monitor goes black and hibernate, when fans and hard drive still running for about 20 second and then it powers down.

Using clover uefi in a gigabyte b85+i5 4570 igfx config.

Thank you!
G

Hi RehabMan
Sorry to bother you
Is shutdown and restart also delayed? My monitor goes black and hibernate, when fans and hard drive still running for about 20 second and then it powers down.

Using clover uefi in a gigabyte b85+i5 4570 igfx config.

Thank you!
G

Shutdown and restart are not delayed.

Can you tell me where can i find a guide to trouble shoot this problem?

If you boot "-v" you will get verbose messages on shutdown as well as startup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back