Contribute
Register

SSDT for i7-2600

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now I have one better p-states management, I have only two p-ststes but I use the 16 one more than the 35 one...
So, the SMbios seems ok, and the DSDT seems a good base to start the work, you checked the SSDT a lot of time and it was good. Does the DSDTPatched has some problem?

You should be getting some states between 16 and 35. Maybe you have NullCPU* loaded? Post ioreg: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html

- - - Updated - - -

Another question.
I found that (attached) kind of SSDT. It is from here: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/253642-dsdt-for-asus-p8p67-m-pro/
and is made for one p8p67-M MB, the CPU is not specified.
The structure of the SSDT is a little bit different. Do you think I can use this type of SSDT?
The frequencies in this SSDT are the same of my CPU, could I use it?
Thanks in advance :)

It doesn't matter. Each one does the same thing.

You should be getting some states between 16 and 35. Maybe you have NullCPU* loaded? Post ioreg: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html

- - - Updated - - -

It doesn't matter. Each one does the same thing.

Hi!
I do not have NullCPU* installed, I removed it after the first boot and my PC go to Sleep mode I know that it can not happened if I have NullCPU* installed.

So I can try also with the last SSDT without problem? Maybe different grammar is better for my MB...

Attachments

• MacAnd.ioreg
    2.8 MB · Views: 100
Seem that the CPUs are called P00x... changing CPUx to P00x in DSDT and SSDT can help?

Hi!
I do not have NullCPU* installed, I removed it after the first boot and my PC go to Sleep mode I know that it can not happened if I have NullCPU* installed.

So I can try also with the last SSDT without problem? Maybe different grammar is better for my MB...

You're back to the (mostly?) stock DSDT with the old Scope(_PR) section. Going in circles, it seems...

You're back to the (mostly?) stock DSDT with the old Scope(_PR) section. Going in circles, it seems...

I can not understand...
I'able to use only 2 DSDT one support iMac13,2 and MM6,2 smnbios (not for my CPU), the other support the iMac12,2 and MM5,3 smbios (for my architecture). The first one is the one that I made with DSDTEditor (and is full of error when I open it with MaciASL), the others is the one that i take from the P8p67 Pro Andy's installer.
Every time that I tried to boot with another modified DSDT my system was not able to work.
Here's (attached) a patched DSDT, that I send some post ago, I used this
Code:
[FONT=Courier]into scope label _PR remove_entry;

# For compatibility to RevoGirl style SSDT
into definitionblock code_regex . insert
begin
    Scope (_PR)\n
    {\n
        Processor (CPU0, 0x00, 0x00000410, 0x06) {}\n
        Processor (CPU1, 0x01, 0x00000410, 0x06) {}\n
        Processor (CPU2, 0x02, 0x00000410, 0x06) {}\n
        Processor (CPU3, 0x03, 0x00000410, 0x06) {}\n
        Processor (CPU4, 0x04, 0x00000410, 0x06) {}\n
        Processor (CPU5, 0x05, 0x00000410, 0x06) {}\n
        Processor (CPU6, 0x06, 0x00000410, 0x06) {}\n
        Processor (CPU7, 0x07, 0x00000410, 0x06) {}\n
    }\n
end;
[/FONT]

to obtain it from the Andy's one, but it did not work with SSDT and dropSSDT=yes.
Should I try
without SSDT?

Attachments

• dsdtAndy.aml.zip
    13.8 KB · Views: 66
  • DSDTPatched.aml.zip
    12.8 KB · Views: 81
I can not understand...
I'able to use only 2 DSDT one support iMac13,2 and MM6,2 smnbios (not for my CPU), the other support the iMac12,2 and MM5,3 smbios (for my architecture). The first one is the one that I made with DSDTEditor (and is full of error when I open it with MaciASL), the others is the one that i take from the P8p67 Pro Andy's installer.
Every time that I tried to boot with another modified DSDT my system was not able to work.
Code:
[FONT=Courier]into scope label _PR remove_entry;

begin
    Scope (_PR)\n
    {\n
    }\n
end;
[/FONT]

You were not using such a patched DSDT in the ioreg that you sent me. I extracted the actual DSDT you were using when that ioreg capture was made, and it had the old Scope (_PR) section and not the new one.

When you boot after making changes to DSDT or org.chameleon.Boot.plist, you should always check your work, if you're able to arrive at the desktop. Just running MaciASL will load the DSDT "in use" at that moment (it comes from the ioreg, which is where I can extract it from).

You were not using such a patched DSDT in the ioreg that you sent me. I extracted the actual DSDT you were using when that ioreg capture was made, and it had the old Scope (_PR) section and not the new one.

When you boot after making changes to DSDT or org.chameleon.Boot.plist, you should always check your work, if you're able to arrive at the desktop. Just running MaciASL will load the DSDT "in use" at that moment (it comes from the ioreg, which is where I can extract it from).

Of course I'm using one not patched DSDT, the patched ones are not able to start the system, so, to use my PC, I must use one not patched DSDT. This is the reason why you found the old Scope (_PR), if I try to boot whit one patched DSDT the system does not start and I can not use IORegistyExplore or any others program.
So: I can use the PC only with DSDT with old Scope (_PR), I can not use patched DSDT because the system not start with it.
This is the reason why I ask to you to check the patched DSDT, to know why it not work.
This is the reason why I wrote:

Code:
into scope label _PR remove_entry;

begin
Scope (_PR)\n
{\n
}\n
end;

to obtain it from the Andy's one, but it did not work with SSDT and dropSSDT=yes.
Should I try
without SSDT?

Of course I'm using one not patched DSDT, the patched ones are not able to start the system, so, to use my PC, I must use one not patched DSDT. This is the reason why you found the old Scope (_PR), if I try to boot whit one patched DSDT the system does not start and I can not use IORegistyExplore or any others program.
So: I can use the PC only with DSDT with old Scope (_PR), I can not use patched DSDT because the system not start with it.

I thought you were successful in post #111 but only had two states 16 and 35. That was when I asked for the ioreg. But I guess you weren't using SSDT/patched DSDT at that time?

This is the reason why I ask to you to check the patched DSDT, to know why it not work.
This is the reason why I wrote:

Code:
into scope label _PR remove_entry;

begin
Scope (_PR)\n
{\n
}\n
end;

Should I try
without SSDT?

What you should be doing is patching only your own DSDT, not using a DSDT from someone else. I cannot look at the entirety of a DSDT and tell you why it doesn't work (especially if I don't have the computer). But if you have your *own* DSDT that you can boot with, and a set of patches that you apply, then that is more interesting.

Let me ask you this: Can you boot successfully without a patched DSDT? If so, can you upload it here?

I thought you were successful in post #111 but only had two states 16 and 35. That was when I asked for the ioreg. But I guess you weren't using SSDT/patched DSDT at that time?
Unfortunately no :) I was too happy because I solved the problem of booting with appropriate smbios :)

What you should be doing is patching only your own DSDT, not using a DSDT from someone else. I cannot look at the entirety of a DSDT and tell you why it doesn't work (especially if I don't have the computer). But if you have your *own* DSDT that you can boot with, and a set of patches that you apply, then that is more interesting.
I know that you can not check all the DSDT... sorry
The DSDT situation is that:
I have one DSDT that I obtain extracting DSDT whit DSDTEditor and patching with OL**IA patch, with this I'm able to boot the system with non appropriate smbios (imac13,2 and MM6,2).
The second DSDT is the one that I copied from the installer of this forum http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/to...nstall-guide/?hl= andy mountain lion p8p67
that was made for ASUS p8p67 pro MB (my MB), with this I'm able to boot the system with appropriate smbios.
I have one third DSDT that I extracted from Windows 7 (64bit) with Aida64*, this must be one "blank" DSDT.
Let me ask you this: Can you boot successfully without a patched DSDT? If so, can you upload it here?
If we assumed that the second DSDT has not CPU patch, yes, if not there's the third one.
I think I can try to boot with noDSDT option enabled and extract one new with MaciASL, but it could be the same that I extract with Windows.

Attached the "blank" DSDT from windows and one copy of it patched with MaciASL and:
Code:
[FONT=Courier]#Maintained by: RehabMan for: Laptop Patches[/FONT]
[FONT=Courier]#fix_PLD.txt[/FONT]
[FONT=Courier]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Courier]# _PLD is supposed to return a variable length Package of Buffers[/FONT]
[FONT=Courier]into_all all code_regex (Name\s*\(_PLD,\s*)Buffer(\s\([^\)].*\)[^\)]*) replaceall_matched[/FONT]
[FONT=Courier]begin[/FONT]
[FONT=Courier]%1Package() { Buffer%2 }[/FONT]
[FONT=Courier]end;
It solve the errors, only warning now.[/FONT]

Attachments

• Archivio.zip
    27.4 KB · Views: 67
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back