Contribute
Register

SSDT creation using MaciASL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I created the ssdt for my core i5 520m but the max frequency is only 2400 MHz.
I don't have turbo frequency (2933 MHz).

This issue can solved?. Thanks in advance

Regards.

Hi, I created the ssdt for my core i5 520m but the max frequency is only 2400 MHz.
I don't have turbo frequency (2933 MHz).

This issue can solved?. Thanks in advance

Regards.

I don't know if turbo works on gen1 Core i-series. Not sure if anyone has ever determined the magic SSDT sauce to make it work. And given that most people have gotten rid of such old computers... not much chance of anyone working on it either.

But post ioreg, and I'll see what you have.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html

Attachments

• MBP_6.2_ioreg.zip
    1 MB · Views: 84

Attachments

• MBP_6.2_ioreg.zip
    358.7 KB · Views: 103
OK, now saved with v2.1.

You might try with DropSSDT=Y (you're picking up a lot of OEM SSDTs).

Other than that, the generated SSDT just might not be valid for turbo states. You might try to find some real Mac ioreg/ACPI tables with the same/similar CPU as you and see if you can figure out what's wrong.

You might try with DropSSDT=Y (you're picking up a lot of OEM SSDTs).

Other than that, the generated SSDT just might not be valid for turbo states. You might try to find some real Mac ioreg/ACPI tables with the same/similar CPU as you and see if you can figure out what's wrong.

Hi, I found the ACPI tables and ioreg of MBP 6,2 with same processor.
For compare, what values I need to check in ACPI tables and ioreg?

I attached all ACPI tables and ioreg from MBP 6.2.

Regards.

Attachments

• MacBookPro6,2.zip
    644 KB · Views: 106
Hi, I found the ACPI tables and ioreg of MBP 6,2 with same processor.
For compare, what values I need to check in ACPI tables and ioreg?

I attached all ACPI tables and ioreg from MBP 6.2.

Regards.

Well it doesn't look like it has APSS, APLF, ACST, etc. So... I'd say PM on these older CPUs is completely different. Probably first step would be to verify that real Macs of this era use turbo.

And also, how are you checking for pstate usage on this CPU? As far as I know, all the tools such as MSRDumper, AICPUPMI, and DPCIManager only work on SB+.

Well it doesn't look like it has APSS, APLF, ACST, etc. So... I'd say PM on these older CPUs is completely different. Probably first step would be to verify that real Macs of this era use turbo.

And also, how are you checking for pstate usage on this CPU? As far as I know, all the tools such as MSRDumper, AICPUPMI, and DPCIManager only work on SB+.

I use only HWMonitor.app. I've been reading about this issue and seems to be that the first gen cores can't show turbo frequencies on an app, maybe these can't be read correctly, only newer processors have apps for that.
However, Mavericks runs flawless on this laptop and the temps are in normal range.
Anyway, thanks you for help me for understand this issue.

Regards.

I use only HWMonitor.app. I've been reading about this issue and seems to be that the first gen cores can't show turbo frequencies on an app, maybe these can't be read correctly, only newer processors have apps for that.
However, Mavericks runs flawless on this laptop and the temps are in normal range.
Anyway, thanks you for help me for understand this issue.

Regards.

UPDATE: Hi, after I installed the latest version of Mavericks (10.9.3, clean install), I changed the bootloader to Chameleon (I was using Clover) and now I've turbo frequencies!. I only added Generate P and C states in .plist and remove SSDT.aml. I checked P states with DPCIManager and now I've P States: 9, 10, 13, 16, 18, 19 and CPU frequency reach to 2.93 GHz when is necessary. The SMBIOS used is MBP 6.2.
Finally I solved this issue...

Regards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back