Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z170X-Designare
CPU
Intel i7 6700K
Graphics
Nvidia Geforce GTX 780
On my last build which was a i7 2600K all I had to do was generate a SSDT where the low frequency mode, normal frequency, and turbo frequency were set to the over clock speed I had. I have done that with my new i7 6700K but it still throttles down. I have added this to my config plist:

<key>DropTables</key>
<array>
<dict>
<key>Signature</key>
<string>SSDT</string>
<key>TableId</key>
<string>Cpu0Ist</string>
</dict>
<dict>
<key>Signature</key>
<string>SSDT</string>
<key>TableId</key>
<string>CpuPm</string>
</dict>
</array>

I have not added drop oem for SSDT as that will no longer allow me to boot into OSX. I'm on 10.12.1. I have placed my generated SSDT into the clover/acpi/patched folder as well on my EFI partition for booting.

I have been monitoring with Intel Power Gadget. When under load and throttling up, it does recognize my over clock up to 4.6ghz but eventually throttles back down. Any input on how to run at 4.6ghz all the time would be appreciated as I can't seem to figure it out.

It appears with Skylake you just have to live with power management which completely sucks as the throttling causes an odd noise in my PSU when I move the mouse. Not present in Windows which will run at 4.6ghz all times. I'm not sure what changed since sandy bridge, but that was dead simple to get it to run the overclock 24/7.

It appears with Skylake you just have to live with power management which completely sucks as the throttling causes an odd noise in my PSU when I move the mouse. Not present in Windows which will run at 4.6ghz all times. I'm not sure what changed since sandy bridge, but that was dead simple to get it to run the overclock 24/7.

Try turn off RSR under MIT>Advanced Frequency Setting>Advanced CPU Core Setting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back