Graphics
Sapphire Radeon 6850
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey guys, this will be my first post here so hello to you all.

So basically I was just in the midst of deleting my SSDT.aml file, and then using multibeast to install the over clocked version of the SSDT file and the installer basically froze at the one minute mark.

So I force quit and tried again and of course the thing thought there were still installations going stating "waiting for other installations to complete".

So I made the mistake of restarting my computer...needless to say it is getting to the Apple grey screen and after about 5 seconds errors fill the screen, something to do with <panic> debugger and a larger window pops up over it all and it tells me I need to restart.

So I tried a few things, -v, -F -v, DropSSDT=Yes (not sure if that is relevant), also cpus=1 DSDT=No -v, and even -x but they are all a no go. The -x and -F by themselves get me to the apple loading screen without errors but the loading wheel goes forever, I even left it for about 20 minutes and it was still loading hah.

Any suggestions? I had a copy of the SSDT.aml file on my desktop too, but seeing as how theres no way to get to it, Im not sure what to do.

Here is a picture of -v if it helps.

photo.jpg

Hey guys, this will be my first post here so hello to you all.

So basically I was just in the midst of deleting my SSDT.aml file, and then using multibeast to install the over clocked version of the SSDT file and the installer basically froze at the one minute mark.

So I force quit and tried again and of course the thing thought there were still installations going stating "waiting for other installations to complete".

So I made the mistake of restarting my computer...needless to say it is getting to the Apple grey screen and after about 5 seconds errors fill the screen, something to do with <panic> debugger and a larger window pops up over it all and it tells me I need to restart.

So I tried a few things, -v, -F -v, DropSSDT=Yes (not sure if that is relevant), also cpus=1 DSDT=No -v, and even -x but they are all a no go. The -x and -F by themselves get me to the apple loading screen without errors but the loading wheel goes forever, I even left it for about 20 minutes and it was still loading hah.

Any suggestions? I had a copy of the SSDT.aml file on my desktop too, but seeing as how theres no way to get to it, Im not sure what to do.

If you are dual booting with Windows, you could install MacDrive from here: http://www.mediafour.com/products/macdrive

This software driver allows Windows read/write access to your Mac hard drive so you would be able to copy your SSDT.aml from your desktop and put it back in your /Extra folder. Unfortunately it's not free, but it does have a free trial that should give you enough time to do what you need to.

In fact, after I updated to 10.8.2 I got a Kernel Panic on the FakeSMC.kext PlugIn OemSMBios.kext, and of course this was during one of the very few times that I didn't have a bootable backup. I was able to boot into Windows and using MacDrive I was able to delete the problematic kext. I'm now up and running 100%.

Good Luck!

Dil83

Thank you for your reply, I appreciate it.

Thank goodness though, because I actually DO have a hard drive just sitting here with windows 7 on it, although I haven't yet tried dual boot.

Is there anything I have to do to get dual boot running, or can I simply plug in the hard drive and then at startup in the BIOS choose that drive as the startup drive and it will work?

Thank you for your reply, I appreciate it.

Thank goodness though, because I actually DO have a hard drive just sitting here with windows 7 on it, although I haven't yet tried dual boot.

Is there anything I have to do to get dual boot running, or can I simply plug in the hard drive and then at startup in the BIOS choose that drive as the startup drive and it will work?

Yes, that should work just fine, or if you use the Chimera boot menu, your Windows 7 drive will show up there also for you to boot from.

Yes, that should work just fine, or if you use the Chimera boot menu, your Windows 7 drive will show up there also for you to boot from.

Awesome, I'll try that out. Thanks for all the help! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back