i5-10500
Graphics
RX 570
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
If you've been holding out for a better price on that speedy M.2 NVMe SSD, keep an eye out for great deals the next 3-4 months. Black Friday prices this year should be the lowest we've ever seen. A name brand 1TB NVMe drive should be much closer to the cost of a 500GB drive today.

We all know that graphics card prices are the lowest they've been in years, but they might not be the only PC hardware to see substantial price drops. A report claims solid-state drive prices could be about to fall as NAND flash prices plummet by up to 35%.

Last edited:
Here's evidence that it's already happening. A 2TB Sata SSD selling at $105 a 30% price reduction.
Think how much lower prices will go by BF weekend in November. :thumbup:

Screen Shot 4.jpg

Last edited:
At $30 for 512GB this costs a few dollars more than most new 500GB platter based HDDs. Easy choice to go with the SSD.

Screen Shot 8.jpg

Screen Shot 10.jpg

The Ethereum merge is finally supposed to happen in ten days on September the 15th. What that means is that GPU mining of Ethereum will come to an end. Not sure how it will affect Nand Flash prices but it may help lower prices even more. It will certainly cause a flood of mining GPUs to hit Ebay and other resale sites.

The Ethereum merge is finally supposed to happen in ten days on September the 15th. What that means is that GPU mining of Ethereum will come to an end. Not sure how it will affect Nand Flash prices but it may help lower prices even more. It will certainly cause a flood of mining GPUs to hit Ebay and other resale sites.

Large miners started liquidating their video cards about 2-3 months ago. The crypto crash has been great for consumers. I hope it keeps crashing further.

I hope it keeps crashing further.
I think Ethereum will definitely go a lot lower after the merge. Many on YT think it will go up. That's mostly because they are heavily invested. It's nothing more than wishful thinking. They are telling people what they want to hear. If the price does "explode" it will be in a downward way.

One downside of lower NandFlash prices is that scammers will be able to get away with their dishonest schemes to profit from unknowing consumers more often. Read about an Ali Express seller claiming a modified 1024 MB SD card drive was really a 30 TB SSD !

Last edited:
Even the very popular MX500 has come down to $47 for 500 GB. Some of the most reliable SSDs.

Screen Shot 2022-09-15 at 8.41.01 PM.png

1TB Sata TLC SSD for $57 is getting really close to what a 1TB HDD sells for. Prices keep dropping as expected.
Screen Shot 11.jpg

Timetec branded SSDs sell for 6 dollars less on Amazon.com Good quality SSDs.

Screen Shot 15.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back