CPU
i5-3470
Graphics
GT 610
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hello guys i have a build working with Mavericks and today i bought a new ssd and i want to update my system to el capitan.
I followed the official guide step by step but when i booted el capitan from usb, ssd didnt show up on disk utility.Everything on bios set as the guide suggests but it cannot even see the ssd on bios.I dont know what to do please help me.

Here is my build:

Motherboard : Gigabyte GA-Z77-DS3H
RAM: Corsair 8GB DDR3 XMS3 Vengeance PC3-12800 1600MHZ CL9 (2X4GB) cmx8gx3m2a1600c9
CPU: Intel® Core i5-3470 Processor
COOLERMASTER ELITE POWER 460W
SEAGATE ST1000DM003
SanDisk SSD PLUS 480GB

Hello guys i have a build working with Mavericks and today i bought a new ssd and i want to update my system to el capitan.
I followed the official guide step by step but when i booted el capitan from usb, ssd didnt show up on disk utility.Everything on bios set as the guide suggests but it cannot even see the ssd on bios.I dont know what to do please help me.

Here is my build:

Motherboard : Gigabyte GA-Z77-DS3H
RAM: Corsair 8GB DDR3 XMS3 Vengeance PC3-12800 1600MHZ CL9 (2X4GB) cmx8gx3m2a1600c9
CPU: Intel® Core i5-3470 Processor
COOLERMASTER ELITE POWER 460W
SEAGATE ST1000DM003
SanDisk SSD PLUS 480GB

Can you boot in Mavericks and look for the disk? Format it?

Can you boot in Mavericks and look for the disk? Format it?
I tried what you suggested but when i booted mavericks and opened disk utility ssd wasnt there.

thank you for your quick reply.I followed everything in the thread you provided but my ssd still doesnt show up in my bios.What else can i do to solve the situation?
Is your BIOS updated to the latest version ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back