i5-2500
Graphics
GT 610
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hey,

My SSD is KINGSTON SVP200S3, it lists a peak read speed of 535MB/s and a write speed of 480MB/s. On my Mac it registers 100MB/S write speed and 190MB/s read speed. I have Trim enabled and I'm on Mojave but switched to HFS+ file system a week ago hoping things would change but I guess not. Is there anything I can do?

Hey,

My SSD is KINGSTON SVP200S3, it lists a peak read speed of 535MB/s and a write speed of 480MB/s. On my Mac it registers 100MB/S write speed and 190MB/s read speed. I have Trim enabled and I'm on Mojave but switched to HFS+ file system a week ago hoping things would change but I guess not. Is there anything I can do?

Is your bios capable of switching from 3gb/sec to 6gb/sec.
Check in about this mac and Sata transfer speeds. If it says 3gb/sec then that would explain it.
Sata2 versus Sata3 speeds?

You are correct Gigamaxx

Vendor: Intel

Product: 6 Series Chipset

Link Speed: 3 Gigabit

Negotiated Link Speed: 3 Gigabit

Physical Interconnect: SATA

Description: AHCI Version 1.30 Supported

I checked my BIOS I didn't find any kind of settings to upgrade to 6 Gigabit. Very upsetting, I'm not getting the speed the SSD is intended to be used under. The numbers im getting now are pretty slow, i'd settle for 250MB/S each way, which i think SATA 2 should be capable of, but 100MB/s read is very slow.

Last edited:
You are correct Gigamaxx

Vendor: Intel

Product: 6 Series Chipset

Link Speed: 3 Gigabit

Negotiated Link Speed: 3 Gigabit

Physical Interconnect: SATA

Description: AHCI Version 1.30 Supported

I checked my BIOS I didn't find any kind of settings to upgrade to 6 Gigabit. Very upsetting, I'm not getting the speed the SSD is intended to be used under. The numbers im getting now are pretty slow, i'd settle for 250MB/S each way, which i think SATA 2 should be capable of, but 100MB/s read is very slow.

Bios update?

Bios update?
Unfortunately, this is the latest BIOS for my Motherboard. I did see a Firmware update for my SSD but the extension is .exe and I have no access to a bootable Windows partition in order to run it, i tried to find a bootable ISO of the update but no luck.

Do I need TRIM when my SSD is only used by 35GB of 120GB total space? The reason i'm asking is that every hour or so or when I restart it feels like everything is being cached from scratch, local apps and the browser feels like im loading them for the first time, the data loads slow on the first launch before i can load them at 'normal' speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back