EVGA GTX 650 2GB
Mac
  1. MacBook
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi All,
I am following tonymac's customac pro build (i7 3700, GTX650), the parts arrive tomorrow. I am pumped!

I have ordered two SSDs, with Windows 7 and OSX, and 2 HDDs devoted to storage for each OS. I figured this was the safest bet.

My partner is in architectural design, and will be using programs on both the windows and OSX side. I have an old, unopened, 120G intel Sata2 ssd laying around and I thought I'd use that as a scratch disk in the build.
I'm just wondering about recommendations for having it work on both OSs Right now i'm thinking either

1) FAT32 drive format....but not sure if any of her projects will be over the 4GB file limit. I also heard that this format is less stable

2) Partion the 120 GB drive 60/60....I am worried about space this way, but if she is just working on a few projects at a time, it may not be a problem.

Any other recommendations?

Hmmm, I've been doing some more reading and I'm not sure I really understood what a scratch disk was. I thought it was a SSD disk that held the project you were currently working on.
So, if we are using Photoshop, Rhino, and Autocad, should I even worry about an SSD scratch disk? If the answer to this is yes, then my original question about format/partition still stands.
Thanks for walking me through this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back