built yet :(
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
:wave: So, parts confirmed, and now I am just waiting to pull the trigger and buy, but I have learned that video editing on an SSD alone will ruin the the drive, plus, 128gb is not enough room. Is there a way I could install OSX on a SSD, but still have OSX on a regular hard drive, or have the os see it as one? How could I do this?

Why not just use an SSD as a boot drive and then a 1+ TB drive for storage?

YES!! Thats what I was thinking!!! How would I do that, and would that mean get the 64gb ssd?

Well they wouldn't act as "one" unless you set up a raid array with multiple Hard drives/SSDs. But just install OSX on the SSD then format the other HDD to Mac Extended Journaled and boom! Storage drive! lol

Edit FSTAB

OSX Is Unix, so you can attach a partition (even on another hard disk) as any folder you want by mounting it with an entry in the fstab (to make it look "as one"). I run OSX on a Dell Mini 9 laptop that only has an 8Gb SSD. To give me some more space, I've added a 16Gb SDHC card and integrated it into the filesystem. The SDHC card is split into 2 8Gb partitions, one is mounted as /User and the other as /Applications. My file system looks like this:

/ -> 8Gb Internal SSD
/Applications -> 8Gb SDHC Partition
/Users -> 8Gb SDHC Partition

I've been running that laptop since 2009 with that setup and never had an issue.

There ya go!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back