Graphics
Nvidia GTX 650 ti 1024 MB
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello!

I am trying to install El Capitan on my Lenovo Yoga 700. It boots to the installer just fine, even though it takes some time. However my SSD does not show up in disk utility to properly format it. It currently has Windows 10 installed, but I want to format my SSD completely (which is necessary, of course).

Specifications: Intel HD520, i5 6200U.

Many people with a similar problem have it solved by putting their data configuration as AHCI - However, in Lenovo bios there is no option to select either IDE or AHCI. Though in device manager on Windows, at EDI ATA/ATAPI-controllers, my sata controller is shown is 'standard AHCI 1.0 Serial ATA-controller.

Any of you have an idea what can be the cause of this problem?

Hello!

I am trying to install El Capitan on my Lenovo Yoga 700. It boots to the installer just fine, even though it takes some time. However my SSD does not show up in disk utility to properly format it. It currently has Windows 10 installed, but I want to format my SSD completely (which is necessary, of course).

Specifications: Intel HD520, i5 6200U.

Many people with a similar problem have it solved by putting their data configuration as AHCI - However, in Lenovo bios there is no option to select either IDE or AHCI. Though in device manager on Windows, at EDI ATA/ATAPI-controllers, my sata controller is shown is 'standard AHCI 1.0 Serial ATA-controller.

Any of you have an idea what can be the cause of this problem?

What kind of SSD? M.2 NVMe or M.2 SATA?

For M.2 SATA, read guide regarding SATA-100-series-unsupported.kext: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

For M.2 NVMe, read FAQ: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Last edited:
You will need the SATA-100-series-unsupported.kext that I created. It is provided in the guide.

Thank you, this works perfectly fine. Now on to the install! ;)

And RehabMan, many problems with my first build were solved because of your work. I would like to thank you in general for being present on these forums.

Not sure if this might be related with the previous problem, but after the installer finished, I get the following error:

Lenovo Error.jpg

I pressed restart and my laptop froze. I hard reset and booted from USB. The Apple logo appeared, the loading bar kept going till it was completely 'loaded' and now the process is stuck at an Apple logo with a completed loading bar.

Not sure if this might be related with the previous problem, but after the installer finished, I get the following error:

You forgot EmuVariableUefi-64.efi.

Thank you. I have to admit I mostly follow the 'regular' guide to install El Capitan and using your installation thread as reference.

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Do I have to follow the above link step by step instead and completely forgot about the 'regular' guide?

I don't know what you mean by "regular guide". The link you provided above *is* the "regular" laptop guide.

The guide on this site (from "Guides" at the top header) is really only useful for desktops.

I don't know what you mean by "regular guide". The link you provided above *is* the "regular" laptop guide.

The guide on this site (from "Guides" at the top header) is really only useful for desktops.

Yes, that was the one I was referring to. Sorry for the misunderstanding. Will start all over again using your guide.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back