Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS X79 Rampage IV Extreme
CPU
i7 3930k
Graphics
ASUS GeForce GTX 680 2GB
Hi, I have 3 hdd installed, all of them on SATA, separate lines, but the speeds I'm getting espessaily for SSD seems slow ... editing or even previewing 1080p clips is not smooth at all...

Here is what I have mac mini, Lion 10.7.3, i7 2600k with HD3000 512MB ram, on GA-Z68XP-UD5 F4, ram corsair 16GB and 3 HDD:
1x60GB SSD corsair force 3 - sata #1 (application and system drive)
1x1.5TB barracuda 7200rpm sata #4 (data)
1x2TB WD caviar green 7200rpm sata#5 (data)

for both barracuda and caviar on disk speed test I'm getting 90-110MB/s write/read, isn't it slow? and for ssd only 60 MB/s write and 200MB/s read. Read is slower that on rotational drives...

rendering clips is ultra fast but previewing them is a nightmare, is it because slow hdd? or HD3000 is not keeping up?

Attachments

• DiskSpeedTest-slow.jpg
    DiskSpeedTest-slow.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 256
Are they plugged into SATA 3 ports?

ssd is plugged into SATA 6, both hdds are on SATA 3.

Im not sure what you should do. :(
You could try to repair disk permissions in Multibeast.

which drive? sad was freshly formatted and I installed 10.7.3 right away. what speeds should I be getting? disk utility verification didn't give me any errors.

The SSD should be getting about 500MB/s. The hard drives are the same speed as mine.

Just to chime in, I've been feeling like I had a slow performing drive as well. I'm running a Western Digital Caviar Blue 7200RPM 1TB drive at SATA 3 gbps on an GA-Z68M-D2H. I've got it plugged into a blue Intel 6 gbps port, and here are my speeds, which are in line with yours, but feel very slow and translate into very poor scores on NovaBench as far as the drive goes.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-05-29 at 12.27.46 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2012-05-29 at 12.27.46 PM.png
    371.4 KB · Views: 185
In Novabench for my sad I'm getting 3800MB/s write/read so I guess disk speed test in not accurate.

1. That test is using incompressible data, so SandForce SSD's won't fly, that said, the SSD results are terrible.
2. Did you update the firmware of the SSD to the latest one? There might potentially be something wrong with the SSD though.
3. The hard drive tests aren't really all that slow, at least not using that benchmark, so I wouldn't be overly concerned about those numbers.

I'm experiencing the same problems as OP. My OCZ Agility 3 tops out at 200 MB/s (No matter the test) Got so frustrated that I did an secure erase and tested the drive in Windows 7. Where I got 500 MB/s write and 550MB/s read. Also tried ALL of the different sata ports without any luck. Have tried everything and can't seem to find a solution :banghead:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back