Graphics
AMD Radeo 6000 series
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I may have missed this when I was looking at drives for my build. I've noticed recently my system bogging down. Some Googling has informed me that when an SSD is nearing capacity it slows considerably due to lack of swap file space. As a result, I've moved the obvious space hoggers off the drive, photos, movies etc. However, of a 40 gig drive 30 of it is still in use. Are there any other, not so obvious files I can move or delete that will free up more space? Or an app that will point me in the right direction?

I may have missed this when I was looking at drives for my build. I've noticed recently my system bogging down. Some Googling has informed me that when an SSD is nearing capacity it slows considerably due to lack of swap file space. As a result, I've moved the obvious space hoggers off the drive, photos, movies etc. However, of a 40 gig drive 30 of it is still in use. Are there any other, not so obvious files I can move or delete that will free up more space? Or an app that will point me in the right direction?

You could use Monolingual to remove all of the language files of languages that you don't speak.
Google it. Just make sure to not remove your native language or the system will not function
normally after that. You'll be surprised how much space is taken up.

Also look into some of the various drive cleanup utilities for Macs.

Unbelievable, I installed monolingual and started it 5 mins ago, and it's still running. 6 versions of English? Why?

Unbelievable, I installed monolingual and started it 5 mins ago, and it's still running. 6 versions of English? Why?

The English that I speak is different from what someone in Australia, Canada, Gr. Britain etc. speaks.

The English that I speak is different from what someone in Australia, Canada, Gr. Britain etc. speaks.

Perhaps, but generally, we read and write in the same language.

Well I ran unilingual and installed and ran Onyx and have managed to recover almost 10 gigs. Let's see
if it makes a difference.

Perhaps, but generally, we read and write in the same language.

Well I ran unilingual and installed and ran Onyx and have managed to recover almost 10 gigs. Let's see
if it makes a difference.

Nice work, should help if you've got a small amount of ram installed. I always get rid of unneeded
language files 1st thing on a new install.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back