NV240
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Other
hi,

i have a gigayte EP35-ds4 with intel ssd 320 80gb, in bios it shows ssd disk, but with iboot and mac os x installer retail 10.8.3, it doesn't recognize the disk. i have only ssd disk attached on mobo. advices?

Kristijan

There have been a series of firmware updates for Intel SSDs. These disks have had their problems. I installed one in my MBP and had to do the firmware update thing. No problems now. You will have to hook up your disk to a working computer, download the .iso from Intel burn (use Disk Utility, not the Finder) to CDR and then boot the installer from there. Once all that's done, return the disk to your hack and try again.

after updateing the SSD i could install, tnx! :)

There have been a series of firmware updates for Intel SSDs. These disks have had their problems. I installed one in my MBP and had to do the firmware update thing. No problems now. You will have to hook up your disk to a working computer, download the .iso from Intel burn (use Disk Utility, not the Finder) to CDR and then boot the installer from there. Once all that's done, return the disk to your hack and try again.

I just traded an extra heatsink for a 320 series intel 160gb from a friend and had this very issue just now. Lol can't believe I didn't think of firmware. Thanks for saving me the trouble, hopefully thats why the installer won't see it. I hope/feel like you've just saved me loads of time, as its only been 5 min. into this problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back