Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hey

I want to buy a SSD for my main drive now! At the moment, I am running from a 1tb drive!

But i dont know, which drive to go for. I dont know what makes a good SSD. and also, who are the best manufacturers for SSD's?

also, for OS X and the applications, what is a good size? i was thinking around 120-128 GB but then I was wondering, will 60GB enough? is it worth me going for the 120/128 when all my data will be stored on this 1TB and only my OS and Application will be on the SSD?

toqi786 said:
Hey

I want to buy a SSD for my main drive now! At the moment, I am running from a 1tb drive!

But i dont know, which drive to go for. I dont know what makes a good SSD. and also, who are the best manufacturers for SSD's?

also, for OS X and the applications, what is a good size? i was thinking around 120-128 GB but then I was wondering, will 60GB enough? is it worth me going for the 120/128 when all my data will be stored on this 1TB and only my OS and Application will be on the SSD?

OS X has a pretty small footprint so you can get away with a 60gb drive easily and still have a lot of applications installed. If you want to read some reviews, here is a good site:

http://www.storagereview.com/best_drives

I'm a big fan of the Sandisk Extreme series which uses toggle mode NAND flash and is priced at $150 for the 120gb model.

BTW, if you want to save some $$, newegg has the Agility 3 60gb for $70 right now as a shell shocker deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back