Contribute
Register

SR Tools : NEW! Kext installer/Manager undo/rollback

What version of OSX do you use ?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
hi,

awesome tool! but i have one question. do I have to manually rebuild permissions after installing kext using this tool? because in the activity log of the tool it doesn't say anything regarding this matter.

buju77 said:
hi,

awesome tool! but i have one question. do I have to manually rebuild permissions after installing kext using this tool? because in the activity log of the tool it doesn't say anything regarding this matter.

Nope, it does everything needed :)

StingRay said:
Rx4Mac said:
Thanks StingRay!

Count me in as a member of the 'hoping for a Snow Leopard version' club.

Rx4Mac

Are there really that many that use snow leo still ?

Started a poll for interested parties :) Cause I'm interested as I would think that not many will be left on snow leo in the next month or 2.

Looks like there is and I am one of them :D

Damn, was too quick cliking on Lion.
I still use SL too, even Leopard ... :D (those G5 machines just won't die!)

psydafke said:
Damn, was too quick cliking on Lion.
I still use SL too, even Leopard ... :D (those G5 machines just won't die!)

:) just seeing if there are like 2 people that would use a snow leopard version of sr tools, and looks like not so many people still use snow leo, well from the % anyhow.

I don't stray too far from the CrazyApple tree very often, but wanted to post a :thumbup: for the efforts. Left a comment on your blog a few weeks back, but didn't see it there, so here you go bro! :thumbup:

Excellent tool. Thanks for the contribution! I was wondering if you could add a column on where it is loading the kexts from as far as location /Extra or S/L/E. My system is running and Im not sure what's being loaded from where. I have an issue where it is trying to load the same kext, but complains about the same one already being loaded with a different UUID. Thanks in advance.

sabur7 said:
Excellent tool. Thanks for the contribution! I was wondering if you could add a column on where it is loading the kexts from as far as location /Extra or S/L/E. My system is running and Im not sure what's being loaded from where. I have an issue where it is trying to load the same kext, but complains about the same one already being loaded with a different UUID. Thanks in advance.

The tool will only look at S/L/E

I can def put more info in, maybe if you double click kext to inspect it and get more info ?

I have a strange problem, maybe is a bug.

OSX 10.7

I try to add files to the install list but it does not display the .kext files in the add dialog.
But, if I use the Search function for the entire Mac, it displays them.

Any idea why ?

Thanks,
Andrei

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back