Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi everybody.
I installed ML 10.8.2, this is the only version which works with my computer.
I want to download an application on the mac appstore which recquire the 10.8.4 version, so my question is, is it possible to fake the version ?
I tried this : System->Library->CoreServices open the file "SystemVersion.plist" change the system version listed under "ProductVersion" to 10.8.4. and change "ProductUserVisibleVersion". I repair the permission.
But it doesn't work.

Thanks a lot and sorry for my bad english.

[SUP]i'm trying to download Xcode 5.
I know that i can download Xcode 4 but it will better with the latest version (sdk update etc)

thanks !

Ps : does the word "spoof" in my title is appropriate for my problem ? [/SUP]:rolleyes:

Well usually if the os requirement is un-necessary you could download the app elsewhere and then edit the info.plist to allow the app to run in a older version of OSX , but i am pretty sure xcode 5 requires certain updates in 10.8.4+ inorder to operate properly . So spoofing your OS wouldn't really make a difference .

Your only option would be to update . Do you know the reason why the update doesn't work on your hack and have you tried updating to mavericks instead because all mac that could run anything 10.7-10.8+ seem to work with all currentrt future updates .

Edit the Xcode info.plist ?
No i don't know why 10.8.4 is necessary, i'll make a research about this.

I tried to put mavericks on my PC but i can't install it, i have an error in the installation menu. (actually a MBR interface and need a GUI interface but it doesn't work with GUI too)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back