nvidia - asus ENGT240
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello all,

So I thought I would try this out quickly and see. I changed the bios and loaded up the iboot disc. Changed the discs and hit F5. Now the computer is just sitting trying to load mac OSx installer. I've tried playing with some of the bios setting like turning sataIII (6.0Gps) off and usb 3 off. Also changed the drives to AHCI, as per suggestions else where on this site. (EDIT)
Currently I only have 1 1TB WD drive plugged into the normal Sata II port 1, 4Gb DDR3 RAM only, CD/DVD is statII port2. Core i5 is on auto for everything (good?)
Any suggestions would be great or is my hardware just not going to work to get an install?

Cheers

Hardware:
Asus P7H57D-v evo
core i5 760@ 2.80Ghz
Asus GT 240 (nvidia)
WD 1TB black Sata6.0Gps - plugged into sata II port1
LG CD/DVD sataII plugged port2
4 GB RAM Gskill DDR3

model711 said:
Hello all,

So I thought I would try this out quickly and see. I changed the bios and loaded up the iboot disc. Changed the discs and hit F5. Now the computer is just sitting trying to load mac OSx installer. I've tried playing with some of the bios setting like turning sata 6.0Gps off and usb 3.
Currently I only have 1 1TB WD drive plugged into the normal Sata 3.0 port 1, 4Gb DDR3 RAM only, CD/DVD is stat port2. Core i5 is on auto for everything (good?)
Any suggestions would be great or is my hardware just not going to work to get an install?

Cheers

Hardware:
Asus P7H57D-v evo
core i5 760@ 2.80Ghz
Asus GT 240 (nvidia)
WD 1TB black Sata6.0Gps - plugged into sata 3.0 port1
LG CD/DVD sata plugged port2
4 GB RAM Gskill DDR3
The SATA 3 ports will only work as SATA II in OS X. The is no support for USB 3.0.

Sorry I just edited my post to make it a bit clearer. My drives are plugged into the Sata II ports ie 3.0Gps ports and not the Sata III ports which I have also disabled. Also just tried changing the suspend mode to S3 only (looking at a lifehacker post)

Any thoughts anyone?

EDIT: I did a verbose boot by doing -v after the F5 and then hit enter to load the mac disc. I have 3 backtraces all of which seem to be the same memory slots
Trying to change collection in the registry
Backtrace 0x4ff664 0x530e5d 0x554efc47 0x554f3a9e 0x538e50 0x537085
com.apple.driver.AppleACPIPlatform(1.3.2)@0x554ed000->0x5552dfff
dependency: com.apple.iokit.IOPCPIFamily(1.3.0)@0x5525a000
dependency: com.apple.iokit.IOPCIFamily(2.6)@5544c000

OK we're now in the loading screen :) I'll post bios settings as soon as I'm done :lol:
Just waiting for something else now :p :beachball:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back