Graphics
GeForce Eviga 210
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello, I completed my build last year, with much help from those on this site. I have almost total functionality except for a problem hanging up with intense programs, like Photoshop ect... I tried adding more RAM, from 4GB to 8GB. But that doesn't seem to have helped. I'm running a 2.5 drive as my boot drive would that have something to do with it? I appreciate your feedback.

Hey danph,

Just curious if you ever solved this issue. I had a perfectly running machine for nearly a year and all of a sudden, it started giving me the spinning beach ball. It seems to happen when I leave my machine running overnight.

I get a similar issue if I click too fast in some programs. Namely Aperture and Netbeans. My system doesn't really crash, but the keyboard and mouse top responding to clicks. What is really odd, before I get to the beach, I can see the mouse curser move, but no clicks. If I have music playing, the streaming music keeps on going as if there is no issue.

If I wait long enough, sometimes the beach leaves but I still have zero input ability. When I try to click, the beach ball comes back.

running a i5 3.4ghz k processor on a UDF5TH motherboard, 16 gigs of ram with a 2gig GeForce 660ti video card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back