CPU
i5 7500
Graphics
RX 580
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hi anyone

I have this problem when i try to use speedtest.net my hackintosh freezes and i have to use reset or power button on the computer.

I don't have any problem with my network beside that problem, no problem when play youtube videos or playing online games.

My Setup

GA-Z77-D3H (F14 Bios)
Radeon HD 6870
500 GB Harddrive

i used this guide to setup my hackintosh.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-lion-desktop-guides/73699-working-ga-z77-d3h-i5-3570k-hd4000.html

Anyone that have an idea what could be the problem?

is your network a realtek chipset? did you install the realtek driver or the Lnx2mac one? The 'official' realtek driver is complete crap and causes kernel panics.

boot with debug=0x144 kernel flag so it can print out the kernel panic, hopefully that will give you an idea what's causing it (which kext/driver), if possible post it here if you can't get anywhere.

I tried to boot with debug=0x144 should i get some sort of debug file ?'

Because i can't find it..

But when i got the kernel panic it said something about networkfamly or something like that and something about the kext AtherosL1cEthernet.kext

it will just display the kernel panic on the screen. it seems the driver for your network card is crashing which is strange since that driver is rather stable and that board you have is also a recommended board and nobody else seems to be having issues. if i were to guess, there's something wrong with the onboard ethernet that's causing the panic.

if i could, i would try exchanging the board for a replacement model, if not i would get a support PCI network card and disable the onboard.

You have any luck with this issue? I am experiencing the same problem and came across this thread when attempting to troubleshoot.

I am having the same problem. I only noticed it recently (post 10.9.2 update) but I cannot say whether it would have occurred before updating or not. Using Chrome 33. (I do not install system-wide Flash.)

Any news?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back