Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
RX 580
Hello,

I would like to optimize my system for speed, as I'm going to use intensively video programs like Blackmagic's DaVinci Resolve Studio.
I don't know what I could check to ensure that the hardware resources are (nearly) used at their best. I didn't found useful informations. Could you help me ?

My system is the following : Gigabyte Z390 Designer, i9-9900K 3.6Ghz, 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200MHz C16 XMP 2.0 (XMP profile activated in Bios), NVME WD_Black SN850, AMD Radeon RX 580.
It is running OpenCore 0.8.3 and a fresh install of Monterey 12.5.1. Everything works fine (usb, sound, peripherals, network).

Thanks for your help,

T.

Everything is probably working as intended. If you want to squeak out some more performance from the CPU, try your hand at undervolting. These chips run extremely hot and throttle. If you can get the voltage down slightly it can make a big difference. You didn't say what cooler you are using, but in your case bigger is better. Monitor your cpu temps and if it's bouncing off of 100c while doing intensive tasks, you could benefit from this. The factory voltage settings tend to be on the "safe" side.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back