Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi everyone. I thought I'd post this speculative build before I start buying to see if I'm making any rookie mistakes. After a fair amount of research and comparative shopping I'm settling on this recipe closely based on Koo's noFilmSchool guide because I'm mostly interested in running FCP and Photoshop. For your interest, I'm in Quebec and the best deals for me are from newegg but also tigerdirect for the hard drives and monitor. Total with tax for this set up including also the retail OS, mac wireless keyboard and some tools puts me at $1,600 CDN. Thanks. Any advice or words of wisdom will be appreciated.

Motherboard: GA-X58A-UD3R
CPU: Intel Core i7-950 3.06Ghz
Video: GIGABYTE GV-R577SO-1GD Radeon HD 5770 1GB
RAM: CORSAIR XMS3 6GB
HD: Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB
SSD: OCZ Tech 60 GB
DVD: Lite-ON DVD writer
Wireless - apple broadcom with pci adapter (I'll probably buy this on ebay)
Case: Antec Three Hundred (best price is from my local pc shop)
PSU: CORSAIR Enthusiast Series CMPSU-650TX
Bluetooth: Targus Bluetooth adapter
Monitor: AOC e2243Fw (cheap, good reviews and looks applesque).

I also used Koo's recipe as guidance. What RAM are you looking at? I first went with the Corsair Vengeance 4GB, but it was imcompatible with my board so I went with what Koo suggested the Corsair XMS. I'd go that route if I were you. The rest looks good. Just make sure you follow Notshy's guide and Tony's guide for iBoot + MultiBeast.

I followed these guidelines and got mine up and running with no issues so far.

I want to follow this post. I wish I had gone X58 like yourself for Final Cut and Adobe Premiere Pro.

I am wondering if the recommended Gigabyte 5770 does provide graphics acceleration for FCP X?

Anyway, keep us posted on your build and TTYS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back