GTX 660 TI
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
http://amzn.com/w/1BDL717FJBOYA

So here my idea for my new Hackintosh, I hope to eventually triple boot this with OS X, Arch Linux and Windows 7 as well as over-clock it. (as you probably assumed from the massive cooler and case) I wanted to develop a work station for various development I'm doing (Right now I'm on 13" macbook pro, and far too little screen real estate. Anyway I'm wondering about compatibility (if anyone can see any problems off the bat) and some recommendations for Optical Drives and Bluetooth Adapters. I'm in Canada so availability is slightly limited but workable, thanks.

I built mine with same CPU and MB last month. Went with Optiarc for optical drives, 7261S and 7260. I have Samsung and Hitachi 1 TB HDs.
I really like this MB since is has USB 3, SATA 3 (6 GB/sec), Gigabit ethernet, and digital/optical audio out with 7 channel audio available. I added a Firewire PCIe card (400 & 800) and rear eSATA ports that connect directly to the MB. I did the PCIe Broadcom wireless card that is recognized as AirPort.
Check the tonymacx86.com wiki hardware database for BT dongles that work.
I chose a LianLi sliver aluminum case that even looks a bit like a MacPro, just smaller.
I am very pleased with the results.
Go for it, you are on the right track.
I got everything from newegg.com except the wireless setup (ebay) and BT dongle (from Other World Computing, eshop.macsales.com)

Have you over-clocked your set up? If so how'd it handle it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back