Contribute
Register

Speakers working, microphone doesn't (kind of)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS P8Z77-V Pro
CPU
Intel Core i5 3570K
Graphics
Intel HD 4000
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hey Guys
I've been running this system for about 3 months now and have always had the same problem. It's kind of 2 problems which I'll explain. Before I move on I should point out that I have a Asus P8Z77-V Pro motherboard and I'm using the "Without DSDT ALC892" and "With DSDT ALC892" kexts in Multibeast. My speakers and any headphones work in this system without a problem.
Part 1: My microphone is very quiet. I have tried multiple microphones however they all have the same problem. All the microphones work fine on other computers including my Macbook Pro. I'm not sure what's causing this. Even on max settings I have to hold the mic to my face to even slightly hear it.
Part 2: Within the OS, the mic works when I hold it up to my face however when on skype the mics work fine for a few seconds, then start to break up until they don't work at all.
I'm not sure what's causing this but I'll appreciate any help.

Thanks guys!

Hey Guys
I've been running this system for about 3 months now and have always had the same problem. It's kind of 2 problems which I'll explain. Before I move on I should point out that I have a Asus P8Z77-V Pro motherboard and I'm using the "Without DSDT ALC892" and "With DSDT ALC892" kexts in Multibeast. My speakers and any headphones work in this system without a problem.
Part 1: My microphone is very quiet. I have tried multiple microphones however they all have the same problem. All the microphones work fine on other computers including my Macbook Pro. I'm not sure what's causing this. Even on max settings I have to hold the mic to my face to even slightly hear it.
Part 2: Within the OS, the mic works when I hold it up to my face however when on skype the mics work fine for a few seconds, then start to break up until they don't work at all.
I'm not sure what's causing this but I'll appreciate any help.

Thanks guys!
First problem, "I'm using the "Without DSDT ALC892" and "With DSDT ALC892" kexts in Multibeast". Use one or the other, not both. Since you don't have a dsdt, use only Without DSDT/ALC892.

Second problem, mic volume. See Procedure 4. Add Boost to input (Mic/Rear. Mic/Front and/or Line In) in Mountain Lion: Optimized AppleHDA for Realtek ALC8xx.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back