Z68-XP-UD3
CPU
i7-2600K
Graphics
GTX 660 Ti
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. Mac Pro
PROBLEM: Only 1 of 3 usb works on laptop and that 1 is only in 1.0 compatibility. However, during the install process 2.0 and all 3 ports was working.

Alright,

I am on the VERY last step with this laptop and this is my only problem with the laptop.

M11x
1. I used IBOOT_GE_2010
2. installed retail 10.6.0
3. Rebooted with -v and sound, video, and I believe at this point 2.0 WAS function as long as emulation was turned off in my bios.

4. I didn't think much of it took it as success and proceeded to work on the rest (which at this point is 100% complete).

I am wondering how I can figure out what Iboot did to trigger my USB? I am on a Intel Cantiga GS45
http://www.intel.com/Products/Notebook/Chipsets/GS45/GS45-technicaldocuments.htm

Problem is I still need to get a external USB drive to test it out again and confirm if that's what fixed it.

Re: Iboot = usb 2.0 support. Installed chamel and my kexts gone

Try this

Attachments

• Bildschirmfoto 2011-03-17 um 21.47.56.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2011-03-17 um 21.47.56.png
    139.1 KB · Views: 365

I gave it a shot earlier but didn't have luck..

However I need to try with Usbemulation=enabled / disabled in bios and also

usbfix=y in chameleon
usblegacy=y or no in chameleon

Maybe it takes the right section of settings

:lol: Success :)

After trying every Kext, 10.6 - 10.6.6
UsbFix=y
UsbLegacy=off

Finally it was something sooo stupid:

The alienware m11x has a built in over clock to bring the chip from 1.3 to 1.67.
When running in that it drew the power from the USB ports and killed them.
When I disabled the OC, it went right back to working perfect. :)

Macman or Tony... please need advice... Corrupt Laptop issue

:evil: :evil: :evil: alright now I'm confused...

I finally figured out an issue I have no idea why this happens.....

I installed OSX on my laptop. As you have seen over the past couple days I've been racking my brain regarding this issue and I've finally hit something I can't understand.

I have an image on my system that has 2.0 usb support and all 3 ports are working. Now, it works on restarts and shutdowns and no issues... UNLESS the power cord is removed from the laptop at any point (even if the battery is 100% charged). The second that happens the USB 2.0 is gone and two ports die officially.

No changes are made, nothing is done to cause this. Now... even if I restart the system with power plugged in, if I let it sit for 10 minutes and power down, its like the system is no tainted. The only way is if i restore the entire hdd and keep it plugged into a power cord. This seems crazy but this is only the way I can recover it. No extension permissions, no bios changes, you name it and nothing works.

I am wondering if anyone can enlighten on this plz!!!! :( :( :(

Re: Macman or Tony... please need advice... Corrupt Laptop issue

haze295 said:
I am wondering if anyone can enlighten on this plz!!!! :( :( :(
I can't sorry...i havn't any idea about your Laptop, but it only happened when you pull out the power cord. Might be a sleep issue, i don't know it. Even if you switch off the laptop...power is always present from the battery and your usb won't wake up...still stays at the last state i guess. If that happened again, try it with unplug the power cord and remove the battery (1-2 min. or so), then insert the battery and test if your usb wakes

Not a bad idea on where to start. The system can't use sleepenabler at all, it KPs. So I'm not using that Kext at all.

I would agree with the power cord and battery combination, and that the system always maintains power from one or the other. The problem is that you have to take apart the stupid laptop just to pull the battery.

Question: You're thinking that my USB goes to sleep? That's something I haven't thought of. Reason is the USB reverts to having that 1 usb port stay in 1.0 mode, and the other two just stop working at all. I don't actually lose all the ports and connection. (that's the strange part).

The only thing I can think of is because the USB port on the left side if I remember correctly has power draw to charge items (even when the system is turned off you can charge a phone for instance... bios setting), the other two are just standard 5v USB plugs. This could mean that in the DSDT the one port has a different definition and thus able to be used?

It's a start.

haze295 said:
Question: You're thinking that my USB goes to sleep?
The truth is i don't know it but it might be
The only thing I can think of is because the USB port on the left side if I remember correctly has power draw to charge items (even when the system is turned off you can charge a phone for instance... bios setting), the other two are just standard 5v USB plugs. This could mean that in the DSDT the one port has a different definition and thus able to be used?

It's a start.
You see me raising my shoulders, but it might be a start. Perhaps it's the DSDT, perhaps your Bios settings or perhaps both in conjunction

Solution was found

Please close thread.

I traced an I/O error from a safe boot back to an old Leopard issue with AppleHPET. Apperently my Disabler.kext was not working for some reason and that was the full cause of all my issues :) :clap:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back