Contribute
Register

Sound

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Intel z390 Aorus
CPU
Intel Core i7-9700K Desktop Processor 8 Cores up to 3.6 GHz Turbo unlocked LGA1151 300 Series 95W
Graphics
Radeon RX-580 8GB
Not sure if this is where the post that i want to give should go. But I have a Hackintosh Mojave (I'm kind of new to the hackintosh world) I have a i7 9700k cpu, Radeon 580 8GB graphics, 32 GB Ram and Arous Z390 Mother Board. The issue that I'm running into is that when ever I use Davinci Resolve 17.4 sound works for about 10 min after opening the program. The audio file is in the clip but is there but no sound. I have to constantly have to close the program then reopen the program to have sound for 10 min at a time. I need to edit videos for my church. So Sound is very important. I called Davinci resolve and they suggested that I update the audio Drivers. How do I update the audio drivers when I'm using sound from the mother board. Also as you all know updating is a risk when working with hackintosh. So I would like to avoid updates. Please any help would be greatly appreciated

Also as you all know updating is a risk when working with hackintosh. So I would like to avoid updates. Please any help would be greatly appreciated
May be updating is a risk when working with hackintosh in the past but with the current Clover / OpenCore bootloaders I believe that is no longer the case. Many of us here update the OS when OS updates / security updates arrive from Apple (maybe not immediately, but eventually will update).

I believe the only way to update drivers (audio / graphics etc.) if possible is to update the OS since these drivers are integrated in the OS itself, unlike Windows. What is the version of Mojave you are running on your system? If it is not the latest 10.14.6 perhaps you might update first?

Sorry for the long delay in the response. I figured out the issue and I can't belive I didn't think about it before. I just needed to reset the computer and now everything is working.

Buy if I did want to update what would I need to be aware of?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back