Graphics
Galaxy GTX 670 GC
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Its strange, sound works for me when I boot 10.6.3 off of the iBoot disk, but when I boot it normally the sound doesn't. Any chance I could get a copy of the kext on the iBoot disk? Or just an explanation?

BTW I'm using 10.6.3 on a GigaBeast install with a P55A-UD4P board.

(889 btw)

Also, not using LegacyHDA or anything like that, what should I install?

Hi there, same here. I also have the GA-P55A-UD4P. No sound or networking unless I boot off of iBoot or if I boot with -x, I get full networking on both NICs booting with -x.

Really pleased with your awesome work Tony! THANKS!!! :clap:

Would also like to know what we need to do to manually install audio (and nic). Tony, what about VooDooHDA 2.5.6? Would you recomend using it with these boards or something else?

Thank you Tony YOU BE DA MAN!

BTW Xtreme, I tried using both versions of VoodooHDA and one of them didn't work, and one of them gave me kernel panics. Also, the 1.6.2 AppleHDA.kext didn't work either.

Trace said:
BTW Xtreme, I tried using both versions of VoodooHDA and one of them didn't work, and one of them gave me kernel panics. Also, the 1.6.2 AppleHDA.kext didn't work either.

We've just updated MultiBeast- the AppleHDA 10.6.2 installation had a bug- it will now work. The version is now 1.0.1.

Public/MultiBeast.zip

You do awesome work Tony! :clap:

tonymacx86 said:
Trace said:

We've just updated MultiBeast- the AppleHDA 10.6.2 installation had a bug- it will now work. The version is now 1.0.1.

Public/MultiBeast.zip

Fantastic news I will try it today.

Cheers

Did download the new Multibeast 1.1 and selected Gigabeast for my MB and rebooted then I started Multibeast again and installed like the instruction "To fix, install 10.6.2 AppleHDA found in Advanced Options / Audio."

Guess what? No sound :banghead: This is driving me crazy.

If I boot with the most current iBoot, then I have sound.

@TonyMacx86: How can we take what is allowing sound to work from the iBoot disc and install it?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back