Contribute
Register

Sound randomly stops working

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do see many ports under XHC, but unlike your guide, I can’t see any device under any port. For example in your Skylake NUC screenshot I can see a USB Hub, and a bluetooth device, while every port in my IOReg is empty.

You need to insert a device into each port such that you can determine which ones are connected to real physical ports.
As per guide.

You need to insert a device into each port such that you can determine which ones are connected to real physical ports.
As per guide.
My bad, When I searched "XHC" in the ioreg search I couldn't see the devices under it for some reason. I now have a working USB SSDT, but the computer still restarts when I shut it down if it's connected to a power source.
Got any idea?
Thanks again for your help!

My bad, When I searched "XHC" in the ioreg search I couldn't see the devices under it for some reason. I now have a working USB SSDT, but the computer still restarts when I shut it down if it's connected to a power source.
Got any idea?
Thanks again for your help!

Open a new thread. This thread is titled "Sound randomly stops working". So, your question regarding restart is off-topic...

In the new thread, provide files...

Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting"
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back