Contribute
Register

Sound "plops"

Status
Not open for further replies.
This thread is funny- I've never had any audio 'plops' on my UD2- I hope it's not a manufacturing defect! :rolleyes:

A pleasure to bring some laughter into your life! :lol:

Definitely not a system sound - and I agree that it sounds almost like the result of a discharge once that circuit is live.

My question is how did someone figure out that changing the name in the symbios.plist would fix the issue - never would have come up with that one.

Anyway, I'm happy and "plop" free :mrgreen:

Fantastic - the 'plop' was one of the few annoying artefacts of my UD2 hackintosh. I was prepared to live with it until I saw this thread - solved it. Thanks!

This is probably my favorite thread so far. Simple title, simple solution. I ran across the issue myself recently and had to change to MacPro4,1. I had only been using the back stereo jack, and switched to headphones, and sure enough...

Plop. :lol:

Glad this is now a non-issue. :clap: :mrgreen:

Tony, can you post your smbios.plist for MacPro4,1? Thanks!. ;)

It's in MultiBeast- but here ya go. Make sure you're using AsereBLN's RC4 for Memory recognition in System Profiler while using this. Not essential, but cool.

Attachments

• smbios.plist
    775 bytes · Views: 187
Thanks for the file!!!

I'm using Chameleon RC5 pre8 as booter, works fine for me.

Regards,

javier

Works fine here as well. No more "plops"

anyone notice their cpu temps going up after changing to macpro4,1? I also checked my log files and i have this strange thing:

3/6/10 7:35:33 PM kernel AppleTyMCEDriver::start coreVIDPID = 0x2c518086 Number of packages = 1 Number of cpus = 8 memory monitor trough MCA

probably has something to with this kext. don't know why this doesn't happen in the imac bios.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back