Contribute
Register

Sound Not working

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't. Downloaded it, but there's no profile section for my codec and I don't know how to make one. However I think that my speakers are not working because I have an entirely different machine from Agnihotri

The Lenovo u310 has a guide... You should search for it.

The Lenovo u310 has a guide... You should search for it.

I followed it. I installed Yosemite following the original guide. Got through El Capitan update with DummyHDA + Clover injection, no problem then, but that didn't survive the Sierra update.

How do I switch to "Profile-id: -3" ?

Thanks very much!
With your kext the sound device finally is there, but I only get sound from the headphones, internal speakers don't work. I didn't patch the DSDT though, because I patched it with rehabman's patches from his repository when I originally installed yosemite, many moons ago.

One question: how exactly do you apply "Layout-id: -3"? maybe I can edit my previous kext.

Thanks very much!
I applied in my DSDT using HDEF patch. you can also applied in config.plist(Device section). I have Lenovo too and codec is same. I don't need a CodecCommander, everything is working fine.

Use your dummyHDA...

See notes here: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/readme-common-some-unsolved-problems-in-10-12-sierra.202316/

Layout-id is selected via ACPI _DSM method.
I followed it. I installed Yosemite following the original guide. Got through El Capitan update with DummyHDA + Clover injection, no problem then, but that didn't survive the Sierra update.

How do I switch to "Profile-id: -3" ?
if you need a dummyHDA+ Config.plist I can also provide that. Its working or not I m not sure

if you need a dummyHDA+ Config.plist I can also provide that. Its working or not I m not sure

I generated a dummyHDA, clover config and DSDT patches via Mirone's tool. Applied everything, booted with vanilla AppleHDA and the result is the same. The device is there, but no sound from the speakers and no mic. Only the headphones work. :-/

I generated a dummyHDA, clover config and DSDT patches via Mirone's tool. Applied everything, booted with vanilla AppleHDA and the result is the same. The device is there, but no sound from the speakers and no mic. Only the headphones work. :-/

CodecCommander.kext installed? If you did and still not working, it is likely the XML is not correct for your codec.

Try These AppleHDA.

Attachments

• AppleHDA 2.zip
    5.6 MB · Views: 93
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back