Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I have an Asrock P55 Pro. The board has the ALC890 codec. I'm able to get audio by using LegacyHDA along with a patched DSDT file. This is what appears in my system information:
Screen%20shot%202010-04-11%20at%202.54.52%20PM.png

The problem is that when I first play any type of audio, there is a split second lag/delay before the sound can be heard. The audio is fine after the sound/audio initializes. If I don't play any sounds for a while (say 2-3 minutes), then I get the same results. This happens when using both the 1/8" audio out and the SPDIF - optical or coax. The problem does not occur in Windows 7.

Eg. I boot up Snow Leo and open iTunes and play a song. There is about a .5-1 second delay before I hear the song. After that there is no delay and the song will play fine.

This isn't a huge deal, but can be a little annoying with system/alert sounds.

Thanks in advance for any help or insight into this issue!

i get that as well . except mine was a 1 minute delay to it doesnt even work delay. i removed AppleHDA and kept VoodooHDA. that made a world of difference for me. only a 3 second delay now. sure, i have to start up itunes, but meh, it works. i havent tested onboard so you should backup your applehda kext before deleting it.

I alleviated the delay problem in the process of trying to solve another problem. I use my optical connection (SPDIF) as my default sound device. The volume control is greyed out/disabled when using an optical connection because of its digital/unmodified nature. I wanted to be able to adjust my volume using the software control without having to reach over and physically adjust it on my receiver. I came across this solution, which uses soundflower:

http://www.macosxhints.com/article.php? ... 1110741237

Soundflower has to be disabled when you want to watch something in true 5.1 surround, otherwise it works great for day to day use.

This solution also had the effect of eliminating the audio delay problem. I don't know if it will help in your situation, but it might be worth a shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back