Contribute
Register

Sound disappearing and awkward/crackling sound from headphones (Asus Z170 Pro Gaming, ALC1150)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello guys :)

I did the installation of my Sierra system a few days ago and it worked like a charm except for the audio.
When I'm using the rear green output of my motherboard everything is fine for the first 1/2 hours or so and then, for no evident reason, it just stop, I get no sound at all and I'm obliged to reboot my computer in order to find my audio back.
Also, when I connect my headphones to the top audio output of my motherboard, it recognise the Headphones (as seen in the screenshot) but deliver really crappy and weird audio, I can barely hear the music I want to listen to, it just goes all crackling :/

My motherboard is the Asus Z170 Pro Gaming which use the ALC1150 audio codec.
I can list the rest of the parts if needed and can run any programs if asked for!

Thanks in advance :)

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-06-18 at 00.37.50.png
    Screen Shot 2017-06-18 at 00.37.50.png
    55.5 KB · Views: 152
Same problem with headphones, as soon as I put my headphones into my front audio connector the sound is crackling. After reboot it's fine

Rules: • Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you.

So 'ive got almost the same problem. :p Help me instead! :)

when I connect my headphones to the top audio output of my motherboard, it recognise the Headphones
Rules: • Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you.

Not correct, no motherboard audio port enables Headphones. macOS has no way to determine what is connect to an analog audio port. When anything is connect to front panel green, Headphones replaces Internal Speakers. Likely, an installation problem.

Solution!!!!
As Mentioned before in the FAQ from Toledo:

When you do a dual boot with Windows ----- UNINSTALL the Windows driver from Realtek. Try it!!

--------------

Any solution yet? I still have the same problem... a complete new installation (i recovered my applehda before) didn't work, too.

I did read in the past, that settings in windows may occur that problem, do you guys have windows installed next to OS X?

I use audioprofile 1.
Im not quite sure, but i guess it worked perfect in the past before i started using windows 10 next to macOS :/

Update:
Hm... i installed a clean sierra applehda -> afterwards i installed audio_cloveralc -> i did put headset into the jacks of the backside. I had no sound there. Afterwards i did another clean installation and did put it back to the front jack. Now it worked.
I really don't know what was changed.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back