hd5670
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
hi

(first, sorry for my not so perfect english, I'm belgian, dutch)

Parts:
Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 f9
Intel Core i5 2500 CPU
(I think ALC889 realtek hd audio)
ATI radeon hd 5670
8GB RAM
1tb Win 7 dirve
250 gb OS x (125 used partition, 125 emergency second part if first doesn't boot anymore)

So i installed mac OS x 10.6
ran update helper, installed 10.6.8 combo update.

now the problems:
-there is sound but with a lot of noise (not able to listen music are watch tutorial on youtube)sound.tiff
-when I am on my 1280*1024 monitors there are no problems but when i use my 2(extended desktop) 1920*1080 monitors(both vga one dmi to vga adaptor), I can't get to this resolution, my only option is 1920*1440 and then my monitor says it's not a supported resolution.vga.tiff
-My system is only showing 4gb of ram?
- a last little point is there a easy way to change the "," by a "." in the numpad and some other changes (like replacing the @), (I'am on a dutch azerty keyboard)

thanks for reading, any help is highly appreciated.

Axel

Attachments

• vga.tiff
    66.6 KB · Views: 331
  • sound.tiff
    57.2 KB · Views: 343
what options did you select in multibeast for your audio?

axeldinges said:
hi

(first, sorry for my not so perfect english, I'm belgian, dutch)

Parts:
Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 f9
Intel Core i5 2500 CPU
(I think ALC889 realtek hd audio)
ATI radeon hd 5670
8GB RAM
1tb Win 7 dirve
250 gb OS x (125 used partition, 125 emergency second part if first doesn't boot anymore)

So i installed mac OS x 10.6
ran update helper, installed 10.6.8 combo update.

I think you are using VoodooHDA for sound. Check your System/Library/Extesnions folder if you have something like VoodooHDA. Then delete only that one. After Repair permissions and reboot. then run multibeast and install other sound driver only.
I can't give any information about your graphics card because i didn't ever have to chance to have ATI to test. Check the forum. I am sure they have solution for that also.

I have tried about every option in multibeast. but I stil be getting the noice

you need the right combination. if you install the wrong options then they will prevent the right ones from working.

You should only use the ALC8xxHDA and AppleHDARollback for the alc889. this combo will make it work, but you may have to remove all the other garbage you installed first

rEgEn said:
you need the right combination. if you install the wrong options then they will prevent the right ones from working.

You should only use the ALC8xxHDA and AppleHDARollback for the alc889. this combo will make it work, but you may have to remove all the other garbage you installed first

ok thanks i'll try

rEgEn said:

Hi guys...i'm having the same problem it sounds like, but unfortunatetly, i'm a bit of a n00b when it comes to this stuff. Where and how do I remove the problem installs/kexts?

I have a very similar configuration with the same problem on sound.
But the big problem is: i can't get my system up after 10.6.8 upd. The screen turns all blur, so i can't see nothing.
Since ATI 5670 has native support, i don't understand why it happens.
Any tips ?
Thanks in advance.

as i wrote to another post i had simillar problem like yours and this is not my first hackintosh.Actually the 9th.
Whatever i do the same again and again.Still no sound (or crappy one),no app store access,no good graphics again and again.
Try to install dsdt,try to edit it ...nothing.
The only think that wake up the whole sytem was ...the flag.
The flag was =0and has to be =1 and i m talking for the PCIrootUID.
In multibeast you ll find the option in customization/boot options/PCIroot Fix.
Tick that and retry.
Also for sound tick the next options:
-System utilities(rebuild n repair)
-In Drivers n bootloaders/audio/realtek ALC8xx choose ALC8xx HDA n apple HDA rollback
-In NON-DSDT HDA enabler choose ONLY alc889 and nothing else.
Remember that you cannot choose both hda an voodoo at the same time.
Do that and probably you ll fix your system.
For graphics you have to choose the right drivers or after apply the resolution reboot in verdose for diagnostics to see what is really the problem.
Hope that helps a while...
Good luck

I'll try the "In multibeast you ll find the option in customization/boot options/PCIroot Fix" tip.
Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back