Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I've read a lot. Some of it I don't understand to be honest. The laptop I would like to be compatible is a sony VPCEB11FM...

The CPU is the intel i3 arrandale with the graphics processed by it. I have read somewhere that this may be a problem, but I'm not entirely sure. Ideally I'd like to find someone that can help me get a direct answer...

Thanks,
-Lane

I've read a lot. Some of it I don't understand to be honest. The laptop I would like to be compatible is a sony VPCEB11FM...

The CPU is the intel i3 arrandale with the graphics processed by it. I have read somewhere that this may be a problem, but I'm not entirely sure. Ideally I'd like to find someone that can help me get a direct answer...

Thanks,
-Lane

Arrandale is 1st gen Intel HD. It is not really supported by OS X because no Apple product ever used it. Some people report hacking around to get it to work: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/286092-guide-1st-generation-intel-hd-graphics-qeci/

So I assume that OSX will boot and display itself? If this isn't the case then how do you perform the additions to make it work?

So I assume that OSX will boot and display itself? If this isn't the case then how do you perform the additions to make it work?

Not necessarily. I believe you need to remove the intel graphics kexts just to reach the installer...

Did you read the link in post #2?

Not necessarily. I believe you need to remove the intel graphics kexts just to reach the installer...

Did you read the link in post #2?

I skimmed it haha. Sorry... Thanks for your help man

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back