OSX 10.6.8
CPU
Intel i5
Graphics
Ati Radeon 5770
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. Windows Phone
All right, I had to replace my old LG DVD drive, so I picked a Sony Optiarc just to be on the safe side. Wrong. It works perfectly under win7 without any specific driver but it's not seen at all under OSX.
Actually it doesn't even show up in utility disco. That's fun.

Any idea? maybe something to tweak by Multibeast?

just said:
All right, I had to replace my old LG DVD drive, so I picked a Sony Optiarc just to be on the safe side. Wrong. It works perfectly under win7 without any specific driver but it's not seen at all under OSX.

Is it plugged in to a blue SATA port?

MacMan said:
just said:

Is it plugged in to a blue SATA port?

This would be my first guess as well.

Vendetta said:

Yep, it was mine too... :)
But it's plugged on a blue one...the weird thing is that I've just found out that I can import CDs from iTunes, so it is working somehow. But it is not listed in the About this Mac pane, and if for instance I try to burn something using Toast it says that there isn't any burner device available.

I wonder if this could have something to do with latest OSX update, since beside the drive that's the only thing I changed on my system in the last 48 hours.

UPDATE:
Well I unplugged and replugged the sata cable, restarted everything and now works. It must be the so called "X factor"...or one of those Murphy Laws I guess...

just said:
Vendetta said:

Yep, it was mine too... :)
But it's plugged on a blue one...the weird thing is that I've just found out that I can import CDs from iTunes, so it is working somehow. But it is not listed in the About this Mac pane, and if for instance I try to burn something using Toast it says that there isn't any burner device available.

I wonder if this could have something to do with latest OSX update, since beside the drive that's the only thing I changed on my system in the last 48 hours.

UPDATE:
Well I unplugged and replugged the sata cable, restarted everything and now works. It must be the so called "X factor"...or one of those Murphy Laws I guess...

Bizarre... :?

Glad it works now! :clap:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back