Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I have searched several forums looking for posts about this problem but have found no mention of it.

Motherboard: GA-P55A-UD3
Graphics: nVidia 9600 GSO

I am able to use my TV as a display when connected via DVI-to-VGA (and the picture is obviously terrible), and my PowerMac G5 has no problems using the DVI-to-HDMI cable, but once I use the same cable to connect my hackintosh to the TV and click "Detect Displays" the system freezes and I have to force-shutdown.

Has anyone else had problems or successes when using a cable with one male DVI end and one male HDMI end to connect to an HDTV? Perhaps there is a kext that's needed?

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks! -proboscisjoe

Have you tried NVEnabler64? It lets me do mirroring with the 9400GT- something that I can't get DSDT edits or GraphicsEnabler to do. :eek:

Similar system here, it works w/o any problem, I just have to detect the display via display settings when I plug the TV (Samsung BTW) and it just works. Using NVEnabler64.

Thanks for your responses. I am using the NVEnabler 64 kext (Date Created: 12/18/2009).

Sadly, there is no mention of error in the logs (probably not a chance for any output to be written before the freeze).

I have also tried specifying the resolution/hz in the com.apple.Boot.plist file and starting the computer with only the Sony connected. The machine boots and displays the bootloader, then the kernel extensions load and as soon as the login window is to appear (or the user session starts due to auto-login) the screen goes black.

It's a loss I'm willing to take, but still very disappointing. :(

@tonymacx86,

I ran across a post of yours in the blog noting that some vanilla nvidia-related kexts had been removed in order to make nvenabler64.kext functional. I have not removed any such kexts. Could this be part of the problem? Which kexts need to be removed?

Secondly, since my ATI 5770 won't work in the hackintosh, should I remove all ATI-related kexts to speed up boot time?

Thanks!

Note:

I removed all video graphics related kexts (nv/ATI/GMA) and now the Sony BRAVIA is working, but without QE/CI functionality and only one resolution (due to Graphics Mode being enabled in com.apple.Boot.plist). I've narrowed it down to some conflict between NVEnabler 64.kext and NVDAResman.kext...

The post referenced a change I made to enable S-video (TV-OUT) on my 9400 GT. It was to replace (not remove) the NV and Geforce kexts with 10.6.1 kexts. Unfortunately the only way I can get TV-OUT working in mirroring with 2 displays on DVI/VGA/TV-OUT on my Sparkle 9400 GT.

Price you pay for a $35 graphics card... :lol:

Ironically, I did some google searching and discovered that replacing the NVDAResman and NVDANV50Hal kexts with ones from 10.6.1 worked for someone else (who graciously uploaded copies to megaupload). So now everything is flawless! Thanks for all your support ;)

I am having a similar problem to what proboscisjoe has stated. I followed the advice here, and am now getting video from DVI to HDMI. Unfortunately, QE/CI no longer function. I tried reinstalling/removing kexts and using efi strings, but to no avail. Right now, I have NVEnabler64bit in E/E and NVDANV50Hal and NVDAResman in L/E from 10.6.1. I also needed to leave NVDANV40Hal from 10.6.4 in place to get any picture at all (otherwise i'd just get a blue screen). I have a feeling I'm really close to getting this functional. I just need a little help please!

UPDATE

Got it to work several days ago. Nothing I tried was working, so I reinstalled and dug my heels in at 10.6.1. I was lucky though, in that I have the original boxset release. I believe anything later starts you at 10.6.2, so if nothing is working for you, VGA may be the only choice. :rolleyes: You may want to check if your HDTV has a DVI connector on the back as I hear that some sets are beginning to implement that, and DVI can deliver high resolutions. Hope this helps anyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back