Register

Sonoma restarting after a minute

Motherboard
MSI Pro Z790-P WIFI DDR4
CPU
i5-13400F
Graphics
RX 6650 XT
I've recently got my Hackintosh up and running on Sonoma. I don't know why but it keeps restarting after about a minute and I can't understand why. I have an RX6650 which I have spoofed, and an 13400F also spoofed. The installation went smoothly, it's only since I boot from the drive it's happening.

I've attached my config.plist below cheers

Attachments

• Config (1).plist
    55 KB · Views: 11
I've recently got my Hackintosh up and running on Sonoma. I don't know why but it keeps restarting after about a minute and I can't understand why. I have an RX6650 which I have spoofed, and an 13400F also spoofed. The installation went smoothly, it's only since I boot from the drive it's happening.

I've attached my config.plist below cheers
Its usually more helpful to upload your entire EFI but before you do that are you saying if it boots from a USB drive its okay? If that's true what model SSD are you using?o

Try booting with the cleaned up and revised config.plist attached below, see if this makes any difference.

Attachments

• Config (2).plist.zip
    4.8 KB · Views: 8
This could be a USB-Shutdown issue, where the system reboots automatically when the user tries to shutdown the system. A power call to a USB device/controller/port forcing the system to reboot.

This used to be a common issue with the Haswell/Broadwell/Skylake systems.

Do you have a different USB setup on the USB boot drive compared to the setup on the macOS drive?

Thanks for amending the config.plist, it hasn't made a difference annoyingly!

I did have a go with a custom USB map to see if it would help but it didn't make a difference. The USB map has just been left as normal. I've not used USBinjectall as recommended.

The main issue is it restarts before I really have a chance to do anything so I wouldn't be able to manually shut it down.

I have uploaded my entire EFI onto google drive, but last time I posted the shared link my post was removed, wasn't sure if it wasn't allowed. I have tried but it doesn't boot from the USB drive either, I copied the EFI onto my M.2 SSD and boot it from there. It's a Crucial P3 plus 1TB

I did have a go with a custom USB map to see if it would help but it didn't make a difference. The USB map has just been left as normal. I've not used USBinjectall as recommended.

The main issue is it restarts before I really have a chance to do anything so I wouldn't be able to manually shut it down.

I have uploaded my entire EFI onto google drive, but last time I posted the shared link my post was removed, wasn't sure if it wasn't allowed. I have tried but it doesn't boot from the USB drive either, I copied the EFI onto my M.2 SSD and boot it from there. It's a Crucial P3 plus 1TB
Have you seen this thread and some of the efforts to create a working EFI with the same motherboard? @pulpinex has been pretty good about trying to help others who have had issues.

Try disabling Wake from USB in your bios.
You will resume only by the power button, but is not a serious issue! :)

If you would share the EFI Folder, you have to make a .zip of your EFI, and after you can share it here.

If you would share the EFI Folder, you have to make a .zip of your EFI, and after you can share it here.
Apologies, I've been away for a holiday, I've attached it as an zipped EFI

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    4.7 MB · Views: 12
Back