CPU
Ryzen 9 3950X
Graphics
RX 6900 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I'm trying to install Sonoma on Asus ROG X570 Crosshair VIII Formula AM4 Zen 3 (AMD 17/19h) using OpenCore 1.0.0.
The installation goes well until it restarts, and from there the restart loop is non-stop.
I am able to boot Ventura without issues using the same EFI. I have attached the EFI along with the debug logs.
Any help is greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    10.5 MB · Views: 8
  • opencore-2024-03-18-200142.txt.zip
    18.5 KB · Views: 3
I'm trying to install Sonoma on Asus ROG X570 Crosshair VIII Formula AM4 Zen 3 (AMD 17/19h) using OpenCore 1.0.0.
The installation goes well until it restarts, and from there the restart loop is non-stop.
I am able to boot Ventura without issues using the same EFI. I have attached the EFI along with the debug logs.
Any help is greatly appreciated.
Try to temporary disable the kexts regarding WiFi , Bluetooth.

Try to ocvalidate your config.plist.

I temporarily disabled BlueToolFixup, BrcmBluetoothInjector and BrcmPatchRAM3. The computer froze and had to be restarted.

OCValidate gave me the following error:
Kernel->Patch[1] has different Find and Replace size (6 vs 5)!
Kernel->Patch[1] has ReplaceMask set but its size is different from Replace (6 vs 5)!
Kernel->Patch[2] has different Find and Replace size (6 vs 5)!
CheckKernel returns 3 errors!

I am not sure how to fix those errors.

I temporarily disabled BlueToolFixup, BrcmBluetoothInjector and BrcmPatchRAM3. The computer froze and had to be restarted.

Kernel->Patch[1] has ReplaceMask set but its size is different from Replace (6 vs 5)!

check with the sample.plist, compare them side by side

or download fresh opencore

The lengths are inconsistent. Compare them with the previous configuration.

1710799229239.png

Thanks for your input.
After correcting Kernel->Patch in the config.plist and running OCValidate, it now shows: No issues found
I temporarily disabled BlueToolFixup, BrcmBluetoothInjector and BrcmPatchRAM3 and was able to boot the installer.
The installation goes well until it restarts, and from there the restart loop is back.
I attached the updated EFI

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    10.9 MB · Views: 5
After following the guide for OpenCore Install Guide: Fixing KASLR slide values, I added "Slide=81" under boot-args and created my own MmioWhitelist. With these changes, I was able to install Sonoma.
After 1-2 minutes of booting into Sonoma's desktop, the computer restarts again due to a Kernel Panic.
I still have temporarily disabled BlueToolFixup, BrcmBluetoothInjector and BrcmPatchRAM3.
I attached the updated EFI and the logs.

Attachments

• opencore-2024-03-28-144642.txt.zip
    3.3 KB · Views: 1
  • EFI.zip
    10.8 MB · Views: 4
Back